White River info

I am planning on hitting up an event on the White River at the end of next month. It looks like we can launch from Edgewater Park near Anderson, IN all the way down to Riverside Regional Park by Indianapolis. Never fished this river and learning as much as I can online...but any info on targeting smallies/largies on this river? Any stretches to check out more than others?

Any intel is appreciated!

What kind of boat will you be running?

Quote Originally Posted by yetti462 View Post
    What kind of boat will you be running?
    Kayak...1 man power :)

No tribal knowledge to share? More so looking for what type of cover to look out for, water color, etc. I plan on taking a couple days off to go pre fish as much of it as I can.

5. idbefishing
    It is a river, just fish current breaks. That is a long stretch of water even by boat, 3 separate pools. It would be very tough if not impossible to get pass the Noblesville and Broad Ripple dams.
    Last edited by idbefishing; 08-08-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    It is a river, just fish current breaks. That is a long stretch of water even by boat, 3 separate pools. It would be very tough if not impossible to get pass the Noblesville and Broad Ripple dams.
    Definitely a lot of water to cover in a day...so I need to narrow down what stretch I plan on fishing. I was going to head up there for a couple days of practice to scout some areas. Like all rivers I am sure there are dead zones that don't produce as well, so that's my goal is to eliminate as much of that as possible. And definitely not trying to jump any dams...but it is easy for me to pack up the truck with the kayak and head somewhere else relatively quickly.

7. idbefishing
    What kind of tournament is it? Are you allow to portage to another pool on tourny day or you have to stay where you started. If water is high, would be tough in a kayak. You’re right about dead waters, there are lot of them.

8. Member
    We can launch at a number of points, as long as it is one of the approved sights we can put in and take out as much as possible. I to was wondering about some of the stretches. Does anyone know how it is up around perkinsville? i unfortunately will not get to practice for this event due to some personal issues over the last few weeks. we have basically all the river from broad ripple up to anderson. I am sure the concentration will be down around indy so i was hoping someone could give insight up river.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 04:00 AM.

10. Member
    5 best, man i wish it was a MLF that would be fun!

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 03:59 AM.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 03:55 AM.

13. idbefishing
    Won’t get you 5 biguns at the power plant. Do you have to paddle back to the ramp by check in time like a normal tournament?

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 03:55 AM.

Won’t get you 5 biguns at the power plant. Do you have to paddle back to the ramp by check in time like a normal tournament?
    There will be a central check in location that we have to be back to by a certain time. So depending on where you fish, your travel time to the central location could cut into some fishing time.

So just so you guys kind of know how this all works. It's pretty much like a paper tournament. We can launch at any of the approved ramp locations and move around as needed if we want to fish different areas. Fish are measured on a bump board and pictures are taken of the fish while on the board for an official length (1/4" increments). The pictures are then uploaded to an online leaderboard where a judge approves or rejects your fish catch. Each picture has a time stamp and GPS info for the judge to confirm you were fishing during tournament hours on the body of water alotted for the event. Your ranking goes by total inches...best 5 fish.

16. idbefishing
    What tournament trail is it? I’d like to come check it out when y’all are here.

What tournament trail is it? I’d like to come check it out when y’all are here.
    It's actually two combined. There is the Indiana Kayak Anglers tournament series who will be hosting a Hobie Bass Open Series satellite event. So technically two separate events and two separate entry fees but you can submit the same fish for both since you are just uploading bump board pictures.

You can follow along with the Hobie BOS standings here on Saturday...

https://www.ianglertournament.com/to...aderboard/3335

And the Indiana Kayak Anglers here...

https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/201...-4-white-river

Everyone will be checking in at Sun Valley Sports in Indianapolis at the end of the event for the "weigh in"

The river event went well. Practiced on Thursday and Friday on a couple 2-3 mile stretches south of Indianapolis. Ended up with 80.25" for my best five fish on Saturday which was good enough for 14th out of 92 and 8th out of 35 for the two kayak events. Winner had 88.5" for his best five. Had a great time and will be back next year to fish this event.

Last edited by fishinarc; 11-03-2022 at 03:53 AM.