Question Considering a Power-Pole: Questions

I have never had a Power-pole and know very little about them. I fish Lake Guntersville AL mostly in very shallow water and often thought one would be helpful. I’m considering a Power-Pole Sportsman II. 3 questions
    • Can a single PP be mount off my 10” jackplate and work well? I don’t want to drill any holes in the transom.
    • how big is the pump? With a battery charger, 4 batteries and an oil reservoir there isn’t much room to mount a pump.
    • can a novice install one of these things? If not, what does installation normally cost?

Thanks

2. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankinStein View Post
    I have never had a Power-pole and know very little about them. I fish Lake Guntersville AL mostly in very shallow water and often thought one would be helpful. I’m considering a Power-Pole Sportsman II. 3 questions
    • Can a single PP be mount off my 10” jackplate and work well? I don’t want to drill any holes in the transom. ALL DEPENDS ON BRAND JACKPLATE YOUR RUNNING, MOST CAN BE SIDEMOUNTED TO (HAPPY TO LET YOU KNOW FOR SURE, CONTACT ME)
    • how big is the pump? With a battery charger, 4 batteries and an oil reservoir there isn’t much room to mount a pump. FOOTPRINT OF PUMP 7 X 7 x 8 high
    • can a novice install one of these things? If not, what does installation normally cost? SIMPLE TO INSTALL YOUJRSELF WITH BASIC HAND TOOLS

Thanks
    HAPPY TO GO OVER PRICING AND ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE

3. Member
    Send me a PM on how to contact you to discuss further.
    Thanks

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CrankinStein View Post
    Send me a PM on how to contact you to discuss further.
    Thanks
    Pm sent and all contact info is right in our signaure banner if anyone else should need it.

5. Member
    Yes. I installed both of mine myself and it went really easy. Maybe 2 hours if you take your time. A pro could probably knock it out in 30mins.

6. Member
    You can do it. 1st set I put on my boat I had a broke leg and on crutches . Took about all day but I did it.
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

7. Member
    Hardest part about the install is getting the nerve to drill holes in your fiberglass if you don't have a boot to run the hoses through. Took my time installed 2 in a little over 3 hrs.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

8. Member
    Only thing I will add to what has been said is to get 2 instead of 1. They work much better in pairs!

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    Only thing I will add to what has been said is to get 2 instead of 1. They work much better in pairs!
    very true