Bass Spawning in July??

I was fishing from my dock off Julington Creek in Jacksonville. I caught a fish that spit up a baby bass. It had to have just hatched not long ago. I heard bass spawned all year long in Florida and apparently that is true.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen bass on beds in July and August before

3. Gray
    This is interesting because just last week I caught a 6.5# bass in the St. Johns in a creek and the bass had a red tail like you see during the spawn. This had to be a female but I thought the red tail was mostly from the male fanning a bed. I did a little research and saw that the female could also get the bloody tail from fanning the bed out more than the male did. Being the end of July I figured that can't be but maybe it was a post spawning bass. She was a late bloomer, I guess.
    2017 Tracker 195 TXW Tournament Edition
    Mercury 150 4 Stroke
    Fortrex 80
    Minn Kota 10' Talon x2
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 9 Live

4. Member
    Interesting, I was flipping Lake Griffin during the full moon at the end of June. I caught a bunch of small bass out of pencil reeds that were peeing and had red tail fins. I made a comment it looked like they were spawning bass and my partner thought I was nuts.
    Brad Krone

5. Member
    Global Warming
    1996 Stratos 201 pro xl
    1996 Johnson Faststrike J150GLEDB

6. Banned
    Bass in FL will spawn all year long.

7. Member
    It’s been documented that a certain percentage of smallies in the north country will have a late spawn, usually in late summer. Thought I was crazy seeing/catching big smallies on beds in mid-August in northern Minnesota some time ago, until a couple of years later when I read in In Fisherman how it’s now been documented by fisheries scientists as a adaptation by the species. Apparently the late spawn is thought to protect against a complete spring spawn failure due to environmental factors. Those who studied the late spawn also reported that the fish involved were generally much larger than average, which was consistent with my personal experience.

8. Banned
    I’ve caught several bass in the past couple of weeks spitting up baby bass

I bet some fish spawn super late and throughout the year but that bass is at least a few months old. They don't hatch 2-3 inches long...

10. Member
    As mentioned above OP that bass in the photo is 99% from this year's spawn in the spring. However, Florida strain largemouth can spawn throughout the year as long as the water temp is above 60° and Florida bass spawning as late as the fall has been documented