Thread: Vault hubs

Vault hubs

I have Vault hubs on my 2010 trailer. Seems I remember it saying they were "maintenance free" for six years. I'm going on 10, so I wonder is there something I should do preventative maintenance wise to insure they keep giving the good service they have so far. Thanks!

2. Member
    I think at the very least every 10 yrs they need gone thru. Sooner if you have issues or high miles. New bearings,caps,wear rings,seals,oil. But that's just my opinion

3. Member
    Thanks for the links

Warranty is for 10 yrs.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

5. 1sharphook
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Warranty is for 10 yrs.
    Vault is a 5 year warranty with extension offered to 10 years...ONLY if you sent the form to Dexter AND paid the extension fee AND you paid for the extension within 1 year of the start of original 5 year warranty .

Either way, you disassemble them and your warranty is void.

You might consider reading your documentation.
    Last edited by 1sharphook; 07-29-2019 at 09:47 PM. Reason: clarity

6. Banned
    After 10yrs i would just rebuild with new brgs and seals, unless you have very few miles on them, like less than 5000. Then jack it up and see how much play in the wheel. if a 1/16 or less leave em be.

Quote Originally Posted by rocket man View Post
    After 10yrs i would just rebuild with new brgs and seals, unless you have very few miles on them, like less than 5000. Then jack it up and see how much play in the wheel. if a 1/16 or less leave em be.
    Exactly!
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Hardest part of entire job rebuilding is to remove original caliper bolts from mount, the rest is so easy, I highly recommend you order spare bolts that come with the thread lock on them, so in case they snap you have them, just a lesson learned!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine are at 11 years now. Never a problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

10. 1sharphook
    Quote Originally Posted by tracer1 View Post
    Mine are at 11 years now. Never a problem. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    I think the OP was looking for preventative maintenance recommendations. I don't believe that drive until they fail fits that mold.

And, BTW, after 11 years I'm guessing your pistons are 100% collapsed. If so, they are no longer pressurized. Pressurization is the fundamental principal behind their design that extends their life. How will you know if, and when, yours have ingested any water?

Quote Originally Posted by 1sharphook View Post
    And, BTW, after 11 years I'm guessing your pistons are 100% collapsed. If so, they are no longer pressurized. Pressurization is the fundamental principal behind their design that extends their life. How will you know if, and when, yours have ingested any water?
    Not really true if you don't know how many miles the trailer has traveled. An 11 year old trailer that travels only a couple hundred miles a year can't be compared to one that rolls 1000 miles yearly, as far as wear and tear is concerned.

12. 1sharphook
    Quote Originally Posted by Coke View Post
    Not really true if you don't know how many miles the trailer has traveled. An 11 year old trailer that travels only a couple hundred miles a year can't be compared to one that rolls 1000 miles yearly, as far as wear and tear is concerned.
    So you know for a fact that his pistons are still extended and pressurized 11 years later?

So you know for a fact that his pistons are still extended and pressurized 11 years later?
    No, but that's not what I said.

14. Member
    mine are 11 years old . im 2 miles from the lake. seals are not leaking so i havent replaced yet . i do jack it up and tighten nut a little(they do get loose) and refill with vault lube every couple years

This: Not really true if you don't know how many miles the trailer has traveled. An 11 year old trailer that travels only a couple hundred miles a year can't be compared to one that rolls 1000 miles yearly, as far as wear and tear is concerned.

Not this: Not really true

Please do share your experience with your "trailer that travels only a couple hundred miles a year".
    My 2011 has had no problems with the VAULT system, best towing trailer I have ever had.
    No preventive maintenance tips here.