Riding Dirtbikes Again!!

Time to feel like a kid at 48 lol. Some of my best memories were riding dirtbikes with friends and camping on weekends. I picked it up last Friday and can’t wait to start riding in the Fall.

I've been doing the same at the same age. Picked this 250 up this spring. Got it for sale to get something newer. Lots of fun!
    Ready.jpg

3. Member
    That should be a hoot, enjoy!

Nice. Just be careful. You don’t recover like you used to when you were younger.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Nice. Just be careful. You don’t recover like you used to when you were younger.
    Amen!! Don't know why you're waiting till Fall when there's no time like the present to ride.

6. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Nice.

Man, I've sure had the itch to swing a leg over another one lately... Been watching a LOT of old racing footage.

Kinda hard to justify, though, considering the nearest place to ride (nothing but flat/boring locally) is well over an hour away... Just not really a popular activity around here.

Y'all enjoy!
    Who controls John Gill?

7. Member
    Awesome, go for it and have fun! You aren't dead yet! LOL

Enjoy it's always good to keep the kid in you.

Quote Originally Posted by hatcreek View Post
    Nice.

Man, I've sure had the itch to swing a leg over another one lately... Been watching a LOT of old racing footage.

Kinda hard to justify, though, considering the nearest place to ride (nothing but flat/boring locally) is well over an hour away... Just not really a popular activity around here.

Y'all enjoy!
    about the same here. I did a ton with Dirt Bikes back in the day. used to race a lot.
    kinda miss it but its not anything ill prob ever do again just because of a place to go.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamB View Post
    Amen!! Don't know why you're waiting till Fall when there's no time like the present to ride.
    Too hot down here, especially camping. I like riding when it’s around 50 to 80 degrees, not 95 lol. Hopefully soon though....

I’m 48 also and rode a few times over the summer. I have an 8 year old nephew that just learned to ride and shift gears. My brother picked up a couple old Honda’s. One of them is like a 1974 xr75 Jeff Ward replica. Pretty cool. It has a pipe and some other mods, and beats the crap out of the newer xr80’s. We also have a mid to late 80’s xr80. Perfect bikes for him to learn on, although our family has owned a 1980 CR80 since 1989. It was leaning against a tree for the last 5 years and we got it running and restored it. That thing is a ripper and so much fun to ride. Awesome to see my nephew ride it. I am a smaller guy at 5’6” so I can move pretty good on it myself. My brother still has his old race bike from back in the day. A 1993 Honda CR250 McGrath replica. Fun to get on the old two strokes and ripppp! Although I don’t really do jumps anymore. Don’t need to get hurt.

My brother has 20 acres that is pretty flat and he built a little SX track so I have a good place to ride. Not to mention he has a pond stocked with bass. So the best of both worlds all in one place!

Love to snowmobile when when we have snow also. Way to many toys, but that’s how life should be right!
    Last edited by Buckman; 10-05-2019 at 06:13 AM.