KY lake question on carp

My son and family and my wife and I will be coming to KY LK the middle of August. They are bringing their pontoon boat. My question is are the carp jumping so bad that the kids should not ride on a tube behind the pontoon. Thanks to all and tight lines.

2. Member
    Aside from an absolute freak accident they'll be fine. There's plenty of tubers and skiers out there and I don't see the carp bothering them.

Really the only time I've had issues with them jumping was right before dark or after dark and that was running at a fast idle. I've never had issues with them jumping wile running wide open but I'm sure some have.

3. Member
    Not all by any means the rule but most big school jumping occurrences I've seen are in shallower water. Tube/ski in the channel and you should be good.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Not all by any means the rule but most big school jumping occurrences I've seen are in shallower water. Tube/ski in the channel and you should be good.
    Just make sure the kids don’t get run over by other boaters in the channel.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ddk201 View Post
    Just make sure the kids don’t get run over by other boaters in the channel.
    True true! I have the rule that once you go in the water, you wave your arms until I circle back to you. If you have a wakeboard, kneeboard, or ski than you hold it vertical so it's sticking out of water for extra visual.
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades