Old Hickory/ Percy priest

I am coming down to Mt Juliet next week for work and plan on getting out on the water in the evenings. Which lake fishes better this time of year and what do they seem to be doing right now?

2. Member
    Can't speak of Percy as I never fish there. Old Hickory is pretty fickle in the dog days of summer. Shallow water super early then when the sun gets up head for the ledges and creeks. I have had good luck with downsizing while fishing deep. Small jigs and finesse type baits.

Both are fishing tough right now. But if I had to pick it would be Old Hickory. Try Main Channel pocket mouths, especially if they are pulling some water.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

4. Member
    If you have time, drive a bit east on I-24 and go to Woods Reservoir. It's a good late evening/night venue in the summer months.

5. Member
    Friday they were pulling water on old hickory and river channel up lake was 70 degrees. Back of creeks mid 80’s. Did manage a few on a big worm in creeks. Tried top water early on channel but could not get fish to take bait. Fish would come up on bait but wouldn’t eat it. Good luck.

6. Member
    I'd go below Old Hickory dam and fish the river. Better fishing this time of year
    Boatless Bank Trash for now