Drain “Hole” Repair / Replace? HELP!

Got a 89 Skeeter that has a “press” looking drain that is leaking. It has a rubber drain plug and it’s not leaking, leaking between the aluminum “hole”. Anyone know how to repair or replace?

2. Member
    If I understand what you are saying I would slip the aluminum collar out and marine silicone it back in.
    Praying for a Cure

Not sure if it will come apart. Did a little more research and it is pressed together with a special tool. It has a o-ring inside I’m guessing that is bad. Looks like I can drill out the old drain plug and replace.

4. Member
    Mine had corroded away to nothing, so I bought a Moeller 1" x 3" Brass Drain Tube, cut it to length and pressed it in, with the assistance of my puller kit and some sockets as flares/swages. It was a success, but I think I'd have the shop do it, if it was <$100 for the next one.

The tool from Moeller to press in new drain tubes is not that expensive. I think I paid like $11 for mine when I replaced them last year. The old drain tubes come out pretty easy and you'll then have a chance to check out the wood that it is supposed to be sealing to make sure you don't need to do any additional repairs while you have them out. I also drilled the holes out about an 1/8 inch larger than the new drain tubes, then taped over them and filled them with epoxy. I then redrilled the correct size hole through the epoxy so that the wood is safely encapsulated by the remaining epoxy. Finally, coat the inside of the hole with 3m 4200, then press in the new drain tubes for a nice seal.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI