Extended Warranty

I’m thinking about buying a boat with 2011 225 Honda. Can I buy an extended warranty on this motor? I’m just a little nervous about buying one without a warranty. I ask the dealer about a extended warranty and he said they didn’t offer any. Thanks for any information you can offer!

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Jjigmaster View Post
    I’m thinking about buying a boat with 2011 225 Honda. Can I buy an extended warranty on this motor? I’m just a little nervous about buying one without a warranty. I ask the dealer about a extended warranty and he said they didn’t offer any. Thanks for any information you can offer!
    Good morning,
    Yes we do have some service contract options. They would involve a checkout from a dealer. All of the aftermarket companies want some assurance the engine is in good condition before a contract would start. Any sort of checkout would be at your expense.
    A simple check would include compression, lower unit fluid and pressure and general running condition.
    Let me know if this is an option.
    Thank you,
    Ken
    (517) 543-6921 - Office

3. Member
    Ken,
    What is the price on something like this? I'm looking at buying a 2016 Skeeter with a 2016 250 SHO with around 200 hours. I'm curious about something like this.
    Thanks,
    Cameron

4. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaihara View Post
    Ken,
    What is the price on something like this? I'm looking at buying a 2016 Skeeter with a 2016 250 SHO with around 200 hours. I'm curious about something like this.
    Thanks,
    Cameron
    Good morning.
    Pricing does depend on what is currently has in place. If there is any factory coverage left, the price is different. I can check your coverage with a VIN.
    Thank you,
    Ken