Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    When I checked the voltage at the pump, I didn’t think about the timer timing out which is why I probably didn’t have power. I haven’t been able to follow up on that yet as this last week has been stupid crazy busy.

2. Member
    So my mechanic friend told me that something that I could try was to turn the keypad on and jump the starter solenoid and see if it would fire. It did not. It turned over but nothing else. After more checking and digging through this manual, it looks like I’m not getting the fuel pump ground control (EMM)(basically the brown wire). What would that mean?

3. Member
    The new switch came in from ranger today to take the keypad out of the equation and it did not do it. It beeped just like it should but the pump still does not come on and the engine will not turn over. What next?

4. Member
    I went looking and knew that I had missed something. When I took the computer off I just knew that I had left a bolt lose for the ground to connect to. I could not find it any where. I did hook it up to another ground that wasn’t as tight as it should have been so the 3 weeks that it was gone made it skip my memory (I always do and knew I should have taken a picture). So tonight after trying the new ignition switch, I started digging through the service manual and found where all the grounds were supposed to connect. I found 4 of the 5 fairly easy but the 5th was hiding from me. I finally found it and it was a wow moment. Long story short, she is running again. Thanks for your help. It’s good to know that there are people out there willing to just help.

5. Member
    Glad you got it fixed!

And more importantly for these forums ... you came back and closed the story, so now someone else can benefit from your experience. Thanks!

Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

7. Member
    ��

8. TJNYSNP
    These PDPs are very easy to take out and replace with another. Buy this one on ebay.. worth 150 bucks and may not have the solder issues

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2006-E...QAAOSwJm9cdrWI

9. Member
    Thanks for the info mohawkman. I found one from a guy on here that is working.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohawkman View Post
    These PDPs are very easy to take out and replace with another. Buy this one on ebay.. worth 150 bucks and may not have the solder issues

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1998-2006-E...QAAOSwJm9cdrWI
    Very easy to fix with a soldering gun on your own as well, even with minimal skills. Take it apart...solder the bad connection... put it back together and seal it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12