Yum box of plastics at Walmart?

At my local Walmart, they don’t carry much a variety of 5” Yum Dingers. Normally they will have watermelon seed, 8 pack I think for $2.96. At the bottom of the shelf is a Yum box full of different plastics. Some are labeled “crawdad asst” or “tube asst”, but clearly are dingers inside. Different colors like red shad or black shad. Only 6 a pack, and only $1.96 each. Doesn’t say the color on the pack. Just wondering what are the difference in these, or are they just mispackaged items Walmart might sell at a discount? I don’t know..

Jeez, most Yum baits are $2.9x per package anyway. Why not order them from your favorite online dealer and get the colors and sizes you really want?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Jeez, most Yum baits are $2.9x per package anyway. Why not order them from your favorite online dealer and get the colors and sizes you really want?

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    Doesn't really answer his question...."Just wondering what are the difference in these, or are they just mispackaged items Walmart might sell at a discount? I don’t know.."

I've always figured those are like "demo" packs or something, maybe similar to the half packs that get put into all the "mystery tackle box" type stuff. I've seen similar smaller packs from Big Bite that don't have normal labels on them for sale at Dick's for really cheap as well. Best I can tell, they're the same baits just packaged fewer to a pack and you have to examine them to see what color they are.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

Ok, look at it this way. You buy a worm kit or similar from somebody, and you find one of those colors caught the snot out of them at one of your lakes. No other color worked as well. When they're gone, how do you get more, since you don't have a color name or number for them?

IMO, those small packs are probably rejects, mistakes, or just colors somebody made to see what it would look like. For the reasons in #6, I'm not a fan of buying stuff like that. At least, take the price, divide by the number of baits and get price per bait. Take that number and compare it to the regular price on the same Yum bait at your favorite online source. I'd guess that it's not really much of a bargain, but packaging to suit the Walmart customer that is buying "some stuff" to start a new hobby and has no friggin' idea what to get or what will work. .

Just bought some yesterday. The 1.96 baits are a six count, the 2.96 are a eight count.