Berwick to Lafitte

Anyone made this run? Wondering how long and what to watch for, no wake zones, cautions , where can I get fuel if needed?

Been all over and between the area you are talking about. Are you going Intracoastal the whole way? Where do you plan to leave the intracoastal and head to Lafitte? Are you going all the way to bayou perot, then head back south, or east? “Lafitte” can be a huge area. You can be in the Lafitte area, as well as salvador, bayou signette, myrtle grove, port sulphur, leeville,etc. Where you trying to get to? Also, google maps is great for plotting routes, obtaining coordinates, and measuring distances. There is fuel available on the barataria waterway.

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

3. Member
    You made it way more complicated then it needed to be, let’s just say berwick to the Jean Lafitte boat launch through intercostal
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    Been all over and between the area you are talking about. Are you going Intracoastal the whole way? Where do you plan to leave the intracoastal and head to Lafitte? Are you going all the way to bayou perot, then head back south, or east? “Lafitte” can be a huge area. You can be in the Lafitte area, as well as salvador, bayou signette, myrtle grove, port sulphur, leeville,etc. Where you trying to get to? Also, google maps is great for plotting routes, obtaining coordinates, and measuring distances. There is fuel available on the barataria waterway.

4. Member
    I guess we know where you headed for federation lol

5. Member
    The locks may complicate things depending on the water levels and how they are operating the locks. You can call the lock master and see what the situation is. Other than fighting the locks I would imagine Penchant-Pipeline to get back to the intracoastalThat will add a little time.

6. Member
    No secrets here, can’t catch crap over here, don’t worry I’m not alone, I know a few going to Venice
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesg View Post
    I guess we know where you headed for federation lol

7. Member
    There may be boundaries for the federation.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmn520 View Post
    There may be boundaries for the federation.
    Usually aren’t , several times I’ve seen people go two or three hours away, just be back by 3!

9. Member
    Yea I know. I’m just giving you heads up don’t be surprised. Either way I stunk it up in the spring so I’m not fishing. Maybe a good idea to talk your president or area rep and just let them know you’d like to know ASAP. Good luck to you
    Last edited by Bmn520; 07-28-2019 at 05:50 PM.

10. Member
    use google maps and use the ruler/path function and you can get the distance of the route. Then just use a speed calc and you can figure the amount of time. With knowing those numbers if you know your fuel range you will have a good idea of whats involved.