Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishforbass View Post
    I did this EXACT same thing to my 2019 Z20 a few months ago. Any way this is covered under warranty as this is clearly a design flaw?
    I think you would have a hard time getting this to be a warranty issue. Maybe a goodwill gesture from your dealer but probably not Nitro. I have owned way too many boats thru the years and I could load most of them with the trailer pretty much at any reasonable depth. My personal opinion is this is something that should be covered by the dealer in a pre delivery inspection/walk thru which probably most don't do. If I would have known the trailer needs to be shallow I would have never run mine over the fender.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    After reading this, checked beneath my boat and obviously had similar problem but only minor scratches. I normally power load but obviously not enough...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

I checked mine this morning after putting the boat in the water..
    Huge metal pieces.......Sticking out from under the screw heads that hold the carpet to inside of the fenders....
    I guess there is no quality control at trailer factory.

Since....
    I have replaced screws with stainless bolts and lock nuts.
    Last edited by jimscia; 07-06-2020 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Update
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

Also cut my boat on diamond plate on top of fender..
    My fix; roll on Bed liner paint. Painted heavy on edges and rivet heads. Added sand for traction, even though I do not use these plates for stepping much.
    2019 nitro z19 with mercury 4 stroke 200hp.

5. Dogfish_Jones
    Yep, I’ve chipped mine from a wave hitting me as I was getting onto the bunks and pushed me onto the fender well. It wasn’t the Diamond plate but the top edge of the fender that did it.

6. Member
    I have a buddy that fishes trolling motor tourneys and he did the same thing with his Z19. I told him that he had his trailer in to far and didn't have to.

7. Member
    57 years of bass fishing, loading boats in every kind of weather and waves you can ever imagine and never ever ran over a trailer. The only way to bang trailer fenders is not having a trailer positioned properly and situational awareness is not engaged. If the top of the fenders are under water, your too deep, period.

Its an easy task that is easily not paid attention to. We just get used to ramming her up there.

8. Member
    Could someone post a pic of their Nitro trailer in at the ramp? I think a lot of us new Nitro owners would like to see how deep to place the trailer to prevent this issue

9. Member
    For me i have a tandem axle and fiberglass fenders, but i just cover the back fender. Depends on my lake level. I would probably say on the ramp that i load at that would be half way or just above half on the front tire.

10. Dogfish_Jones
    Duel axle for me and I back in the back wheel is under water and the front wheel is 1/2 under. This allows me to slide right up to the eye bolt on my trailer. The fender well are half in, half out.
    In the winter time it really varies because I fish a lot of draw down lakes and the ramps are in terrible shape that far down, even if the ramp goes that far.

11. Member
    For my boat, I usually go by either the diamond plate on top of fender or bunks. I back in until the diamond plating is submerged up until the last 6" or about 4" on the two longest bunks. Sometimes varies according to ramp angle and water level.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

12. Member
    I would thick that you will end up with the same dings on your boat at that depth. Depending on the angle of the ramp but if you have a tandem trail like dogfish and myself about half to 3/4 of the front tire out of the water is all you need. If you back into deep to start just to wet the bunks and pull out to the mentioned height you should be able to drive on the trailer with minimal effort.

When I back into the water, I back up till the boat just starts floating, and when time comes to out the boat back on the trailer I stop a inch of height sooner.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

14. Member
    A7432FE8-D7C5-4B0F-972A-3A63A80C253E.jpeg​

happened to me on a super windy day, trailer backed in too deep. Found a glass guy that did a solid repair for a decent price, can’t see the damage now.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    Metal fenders means u power load. Dunk the trailer to wet the boards, and pull it up about where the fenders are halfway out of the water.
    Yep thats what my dealer told me. He said dont back in far at all and power load!!!
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ferris65 View Post
    Could someone post a pic of their Nitro trailer in at the ramp? I think a lot of us new Nitro owners would like to see how deep to place the trailer to prevent this issue
    I leave 30-40% of my bunks out of the water
    2022 Ranger RB190
    Mercury 115 Proxs

17. Member
    Did the same thing yesterday. Never went over the top of the carpeted fender guide/side, so I know I did not hit the diamond plating. All the damage is on the side like the above photos. I can feel two screw heads along the side bunk, which I believe caused the damage. Went to Bass Pro and could feel the screws on the new 2020 trailers also. Manager said he was going to try to get it repaired under warranty.

I will see how that goes still waiting for Tracker to authorize trailer repair from when my trailer brakes activate for no reason, causing all four brakes to be excessively smoking before I noticed. Wind was dissipating the smoke while moving. Apparently Tracker is fighting a lot of the warranty repairs right now.

Dropping the boat off tomorrow I'll see how it goes. 2019 Z20 trailered for about 80 miles before brake issue. My 250 4S also has sounded and alarm and shut off 4 times now, even though my Merc monitor does it checks and everything comes back OK. Not a great Nitro experience so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12