Always have something to work on

With a Tracker boat you always have something to work on. My old tracker work fine at home and when I got to the lake it was always broken. The wheel came of the trailer one time. That boat kept me working.

2. Banned
    Haven’t had to fix one thing.

I have never turned a wrench on mine that was non-self induced or maintenance.
    13 year old Tracker

4. Member
    Havnt had any issues with mine.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

5. Member
    My last tracker was 30 years old when I sold it. During my seven years of ownership I had one crack welded and replaced the carpet at the 27 year mark. Yeah a real piece of junk

Maybe a little preventative maintenance is in order, you know, routine stuff for mechanical devices.
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    I don't think there is a boat made that you don't have to work on if you use it. I have a Triton and a Tracker I can't say one is worse than the other, and I can't think of one thing that was not self inflected. I never count any PM that I do
    2006 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX 115 Merc

7. Member
    2019 Bass Tracker classic. So far so good. Really pleased with most everything to date. Upgraded the stock Lowrance 4x to a Simard go7 xse and changed the stock 14p Black Max prop to a 15p Spitfire prop, also added vessel view mobile. These improvements have been game changers for this boat. This is someone stepping back from a PT 195 last year. Miss the speed and stability of the 195 but this Classic holds its own for my situation.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SWA12 View Post
    2019 Bass Tracker classic. So far so good. Really pleased with most everything to date. Upgraded the stock Lowrance 4x to a Simard go7 xse and changed the stock 14p Black Max prop to a 15p Spitfire prop, also added vessel view mobile. These improvements have been game changers for this boat. This is someone stepping back from a PT 195 last year. Miss the speed and stability of the 195 but this Classic holds its own for my situation.
    Does this have the 40hp? what speed are you getting?

9. Member
    classic has the 50 the heritage has the 40 and i get loaded down with gear me and the wife around 32 to 33 mph on the gps.

10. Member
    Jspeelman: As was stated the classic comes with the 50. Bone stock I was able to reach 34.5 @ just over 6K rpm with just me & light gear. Since putting the 15p Spitfire on I actually increased speed by 1-2 mph but more importantly dropped WOT rpm down to 5800-5900 with better hole shot and it holds better in turns than the three blade. Traditional thought on four blades is to drop a size in pitch from the three blade but after reading many posts on this forum and other info gathered I decided to try moving up 1 pitch and see what happens. Speed really wasn't the priority as much as lowering the Max RPM below 6k which it did. The Spitfire in this size range can be had for $160-200 at Leaders RPM.

What caused the wheel to fall off? Did the spindle break off the axle broken wheel studs loose wheel? Alot of variables not all the boats fault either. A wheel that falls off could be from loose lugs that you didnt tighten as a possibility. Mine is 11 years old the boat itself zero issues just alot of upgrades i wanted to do only complaint really was the crappy trailer wiring other than that solid boat.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

My 2006 Grizzly 1860 has never let me down. This thing is a tank. Run it up on gravel banks here in NJ all the time since aren't many fancy ramps. I do get some looks when I am banging it around in the trees at the local resevoir.

I do have a trailer light that keeps on blowing, so yes, there's always someting to work on

Over a span of nine and a half years I had two, never had a problem. I would say that is the reason they are the number one selling aluminum boat.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

14. Member
    I have an ‘02 Fisher 1600 with a 40 Merc that was made by Tracker back in the day. It’s essentially a Tracker with different badging and it has been virtually flawless. The previous owner used it in saltwater and it even spent extensive time on a lift over saltwater. Besides having to replace some connectors and cleats due to corrosion, I haven’t had any problems. The trailer had rusted out long before I purchased it so I bought a brand new galvanized trailer to bring it home. Very happy with my Fisher/Tracker. All boats need regular maintenance.