early fred young wood crankbait

I have a very early fred young cedar we think lure on ebay. We think this was a proto type lure and is believed to be cedar but possible balsa. The lip is clear with young marked on it. very nice lure. to view go to kjtoys on ebay

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I have a very early fred young cedar we think lure on ebay. We think this was a proto type lure and is believed to be cedar but possible balsa. The lip is clear with young marked on it. very nice lure. to view go to kjtoys on ebay
    Sorry but your lure is not a Fred C Young lure yours was made by Lindy-Little Joe see pics

3. Member
    mine is marked young on the lip and does not look anything like the one in yor pic, you can see its hand carved and painted.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    mine is marked young on the lip and does not look anything like the one in yor pic, you can see its hand carved and painted.
    I’m sorry but yours is not a Fred C Young Big O. It is made by the Lindy-Little Joe.
    Last edited by D.Moore; 07-26-2019 at 04:54 PM.

5. Member
    Donnie is correct. It looks like it has been repainted to me.

6. Member
    i dont believe its lindy i googled it and looks as if they never made any thing close to this. but you may be right . ive been contacted by some young collectors and some are saying it is and some dont know. some think he used this lip before the circuit board lips. i googled fred young lures and there was a tack auction house that sold several fred young baits and several were shown with the clear lip marked young like mine. im not trying to be a smart ass lol as i dont know but getting lots of interest and opinions

7. Member
    just made a drive to a big lure collector. He says its is a fred young but the bad news is its been repainted and feels its worth 50 dollars maybe a little more so ill lower my price on ebay. Thanks to everyone

8. Member
    I don’t know where you drove but they gave you bad info. Did the collector show you a pic of your lure in a book or any references? This bait is not even close to being a Fred C Young lure. An avid collector will know but don’t want you to sell a lure to someone who doesn’t know better with bad representation.

9. Member
    ALbasser on here has a very impressive collection of Young baits if I remember correctly. Send him a message and ask his opinion on it.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pigs View Post
    I don’t know where you drove but they gave you bad info. Did the collector show you a pic of your lure in a book or any references? This bait is not even close to being a Fred C Young lure. An avid collector will know but don’t want you to sell a lure to someone who doesn’t know better with bad representation.
    Yeah, exactly. Kerry, I really appreciate you wanting to get it right however, and checking into it. Most people don't do that.