Thread: Kissimmee

Kissimmee

Last visit to Kissimmee was late last fall, and the lake was a turbid mess. We had to run from Grape Hammock to Toho to find any clean water.

Can anyone provide some info on current condition? Thanks.

2. Member
    Fishing tuff right now,(Summer Lull) water is low and dirty. If you can find clean water with any Hydrilla in Kissimmee you've hit a Gold mine.
    Spraying still continues and is a mess. Although some are being caught few are the norm.
    As far as Toho, I went last Sunday and no less than 5 Mechanical Harvest Barges were anchored out in the middle of the South end
    out from Southport. The water was dirty from the spraying and harvesters. Fished from Daylight till noon with "0" Fish- it sucked.
    Back in May that area was beautiful Green Hydrilla patches and we wacked them good for a couple weeks.
    Then went back in June and the spraying had begun as the GPS markeded area's I had were gone with dead slimy shit on the bottom
    I'm not saying you won't be able to catch any fish- but right now it's Tuff !!

3. Member
    Water Clarity wasn’t an issue when I fished last month but it’s not toho clear. Still catching fish in 1-2 FOW. Water level is low but fishable

4. Member
    Were those good sized fish or bank runners?
    Quote Originally Posted by atta View Post
    Water Clarity wasn’t an issue when I fished last month but it’s not toho clear. Still catching fish in 1-2 FOW. Water level is low but fishable

5. Member
    Always some dink’s but caught some decent fish. I rarely fish in more than 3 FOW all year round. The big fish will stay in the shallows. Just tougher to catch if you spook them.