Banned

Oneida conditions?

Heading up for a few days, did the heat wave last week mess the fishing up?

2. Member
    Was out today .. water 77. Clear ..
    schools of smallies #3 ... and couple #4 lm..
    ohhh.. plus couple bonus eyes .. lunch ..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

3. Banned
    Nice

4. Member
    Slowing down a little like always. Walleye are still chewing which is awesome. Nothing better than a walleye dinner after a day on the water

5. Banned
    Fishing this morning was okay, the biggest Sm was 3.5 and about the same for the biggest Lm. Hot But I thought that I would share with you guys that Takahiro Omri is staying at our camp. Pretty Cool Other than waving and saying Hi to him I didn't talk to him to much/ don't want too bother him cause I don't want him following me around all week JK guess he's up here to film some MLF stuff ?/ that's what I was told. I'll report back..
    Last edited by pa.X19; 07-29-2019 at 08:53 PM.

6. Member
    Heard they were up here for a BPT cup but have no idea where they are fishing.. I was guessing it’ll be either Oneida, Onondaga, and possibly throw in redfield too
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pa.X19 View Post
    Fishing this morning was okay, the biggest Sm was 3.5 and about the same for the biggest Lm. Hot But I thought that I would share with you guys that Takahiro Omri is staying at our camp. Pretty Cool Other than waving and saying Hi to him I didn't talk to him to much/ don't want too bother him cause I don't want him following me around all week JK guess he's up here to film some MLF stuff ?/ that's what I was told. I'll report back..

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ECobb91 View Post
    Heard they were up here for a BPT cup but have no idea where they are fishing.. I was guessing it’ll be either Oneida, Onondaga, and possibly throw in redfield too
    Tak told me they fished one day at Henderson and obviously didn't know where they were going the next day but thought it might be Onondaga. He wasn't fishing BFL just MLF/BPT He left his boat at his camper and only took it out one day. Loaded all his stuff in his dually and off he went every morning except when he took his boat out that one day. Probably loaded about 40 rods into the back seat of his truck.
    Last edited by pa.X19; 08-04-2019 at 01:07 PM.

9. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    they were on henderson and cayuga , i suspect they may hit onondaga or oneida as well

10. Banned
    They weren't on Oneida at all when I was there, just BFL guy's practicing. Got there last Sunday and left Friday morning.
    Oh and the day he did take his boat it was on Oneida so it must not have been off limits, he said he caught 3 and it was slow but obviously I couldn't talk about how we did or any lake info and such. Nice guy
    Last edited by pa.X19; 08-04-2019 at 01:45 PM.

11. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    weights were quite down on oneida for the BFL was won with high 16's by Grae Buck.

12. Banned
    Guess we did pretty good then overall.
    Chopped up weeds everywhere slow bite but it was a specific bite , weeds hindered that. Slow but quite a few 19 in sm. Bonus 25.5 walleye and I caught a 29 in. Northern pike, not a Chainpick. First one I ever caught in that lake in the last 15 years. Solid for a fish of that length,didn't weigh it cause the water was 80 Degrees but I'll Bet 6+lbs
    Last edited by pa.X19; 08-04-2019 at 03:24 PM.

13. Member
    Nice that you got a big northern! They show up in early spring then I usually dont see them again. Lake is LOADED with perch fry and that made the bite tough saturday. Was probably a good thing because flw is an absolute joke with their fish care. We begged them all week to not weigh in at the docks because the water is 90nplus degrees in there. Then there's 100 boats waiting at them with their fish since their crap computer always goes down. I love fishing tournaments but after seeing the crap that went down in the ABA and BFL I hope they never come back. All they do is kill fish

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    Nice that you got a big northern! They show up in early spring then I usually dont see them again. Lake is LOADED with perch fry and that made the bite tough saturday. Was probably a good thing because flw is an absolute joke with their fish care. We begged them all week to not weigh in at the docks because the water is 90nplus degrees in there. Then there's 100 boats waiting at them with their fish since their crap computer always goes down. I love fishing tournaments but after seeing the crap that went down in the ABA and BFL I hope they never come back. All they do is kill fish
    I guess the park wants them to do their weigh ins there. It is the most dumbest place to do that. You are correct that water is way to hot and there is not enough room for those weigh ins there. It needs to be changed!!!!
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

It was fishing a little slow this past Friday and Saturday and weeds in most areas are really poor compared to normal. 20 mph winds made for 3-5 footers - I was taking water over the bow all day on the TM. On tourney day we ended up with just over 17lbs all SM. Caught one over 4 each day
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100