Thread: Broken Bow

Broken Bow

I know there is not much info shared here , but I thought I would ask anyway. I’ve never been to Broken Bow, but I’m thinking about heading down there for some R&R. Wondering about cabins to rent, something that’s modern and clean. Preferably near the water. Also if anybody could offer any advice or even fishing tips that would be great. I will Google as well, but thought maybe somebody here might be willing to help. Thanks in advance

2. Member
    One Marina near dam. Big, new, nice, pricey.
    My first trip there this last spring and stayed at a motel on the highway near the intersection of the lake road. There were several there and a couple of restaurants near that were worth a stop.
    Lake was clear but fishing was tough, so we went over to pine creek and had a good day on some colored water.
    trout fishing below the BB dam if you are interested.
    pretty country.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearetta View Post
    One Marina near dam. Big, new, nice, pricey.
    My first trip there this last spring and stayed at a motel on the highway near the intersection of the lake road. There were several there and a couple of restaurants near that were worth a stop.
    Lake was clear but fishing was tough, so we went over to pine creek and had a good day on some colored water.
    trout fishing below the BB dam if you are interested.
    pretty country.
    Thank you for the information and for the reply.

4. Member
    That’s one of my favorite lakes. Fish islands and points. I’ve had good luck with spinnerbaits, jerkbaits, and lipless cranks. Shakey head and/or Ned rig, too.

5. Banned
    Points hit every one you see up the river hit the mouth of every creek. Catching fish on points with crank baits and Texas rigged creature baits. Off of points in creeks or timber been catching fish on top water no matter what time of day. Odd throwing a buzz bait all day but it's been working. Up the river keep a eye out for schoolers attacking shad.

6. Member
    Thanks for the information, very much appreciated.

Cabins galore. Unreal number of cabins scattered through the woods, in every style and price range. We have found AirBnB is often cheaper that VRBO when renting a cabin.
    Fishing wise a Ned rig, shakey head and topwater all get steady use when we're there. Football jigs, small swimbaits and DD cranks have also worked well.
    The trout fishing below the dam is fun and it's beautiful down there. Pine Creek is close by and it's a fun lake to fish also that's more geared towards power fishing.