Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    He shouldn't be bragging if his score is only in the 780's
    Why not? 780 is in the upper range of "Very Good". We can't all have scores over 800.

2. Member
    I have several cards with different banks and have missed a payment on a few occassions over a lot of years. Always have been able to get the late fee waived with a phone call but it was always within a day or two. You did right. If they wouldn't help me out with a once in a blue moon brain fart I would cancel too.

U can set up automatic payment that way u wouldn't have anything to rant about. Always on time and never have to pay a late fee..

Don't know why you cancelled the card. If anything it will hurt that 7-whatever score 'cause your available credit went down when you cancelled the card. Would have been better to keep it and not use it ... that drives 'em really CRAZY!

I have had a Black Cabela's card forever. Great service when it was a Visa card. Has sucked since it became MC Capital One card.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

6. Member
    I carry a grudge against them too but I haven't cancelled mine yet. Right about the time they were switching over, I checked my balance online and paid the entire balance before Christmas. Then I put the card in the back of my wallet and didn't use it again for months. What I didn't realize was that a small charge from several days before hadn't posted until after I paid. On top of that, Capital One made the decision that I would no longer get paper statements so there was no notice from them. Missed the payment date and got stuck with the late fee. Refused to waive it. I really only still have it because I haven't used all of the Cabela's Bucks yet.

I auto pay mine. Cant f up

I have never been impressed with Capitol One CS. When they took over the Cabela’s card it definitely went downhill. I would not get frustrated about it. Just cancel it. It was their choice not to give you a break and your choice to cancel the card.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

I cancelled mine when Cabelas became just a name on a store for some other company.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
    I have had a Black Cabela's card forever. Great service when it was a Visa card. Has sucked since it became MC Capital One card.
    I run all my bills and all I buy thru a Cabela's Black card that is automatically paid off each month, never have any interest, get all the benefits of the Black card, get a monthly listing of all my expenses and never any late payments. It is not as smooth since it became MC Capital One.

11. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I am going to use your advice and set up auto pay... I just like taking responsibility(no pun intended) on all those paypal charges and excess Stupid charges. It hurts in the brain and wallet to write a check or pay with checking account a $600 monthly bill for a card you foolishly think is only for Gas... I get reminders(2 or 3 notice) by emails on due date of my Discover Charge.

12. Member
    You see your credit score and payment history as a plus, they don't. If you have paid the balance on time every month for 15 years, they haven't made any money on your account outside of the 34$ the are currently charging you. Unless there is a yearly membership fee. Hence the reason they probably won't wave the fee.

Credit card companies like the people with terrible credit scores and huge revolving balances way more than people that pay it off every month and don't use it much. If Someone with a huge revolving balance and 10 late fees a year calls up and threatens to leave and transfer their balance to another card, they would be a lot more likely to "help" them is one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I somehow missed a $27.00 payment(total amount) that was due on July 20. I have been a member for like 15 years. I got a call today that they want me to pay $61 With late fees and interest because my account is 5 days late. I asked for a waiver of the late fee and She was not capable of doing that. I canceled my card. This is the 2nd time I have had trouble with this new Cableas card (not working etc). They want me to pay the whole bill because it is 5 days overdue..B.S. My credit rating is 78x and it seems like Big Business is trying to screw the average Joe(Roy) more and more with all these add-ons. I hope for a call or my card is cancelled. My credit rating is 78x.
    Last edited by weim hunter; 07-25-2019 at 07:03 PM.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mysuzytoo View Post
    Would have been better to keep it and not use it ... that drives 'em really CRAZY!
    Have a Chase card that hasn't had a balance in a few years. They just sent me a letter stating they were closing it. Also said don't bother trying to use it to keep it open, we're closing it anyway. Ok, whatever.

14. Member
    780 will qualify you for the best rate most mortgage and other companies offer. (as long as debt to income and other qualifying criteria is in the upper range too)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubee View Post
    He shouldn't be bragging if his score is only in the 780's

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Garage Dog View Post
    What's a credit card? I thought we all paid cash.
    Especially $27.00

They canceled mine a couple of years ago from the lack of use, then a couple of weeks later they ship me a new BPS card. I never activated it and cut it up..

17. Member
    I am going to cancel mine next month. Since capital one took over I have had the card number compromised twice. Capital one Just has not been as easy to work with since the card changeover. I got a chase card a couple of months ago and it has been smooth dealing with them. I pay off the balance every month so I am sure they won’t miss my business

18. The dude abides
    Meh.... Who cares. not really a third world problem to solve
    Stay calm...Be brave...Wait for the signs
    Always be yourself unless you can be BATMAN!
    Then always be BATMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Basscaster View Post
    I somehow missed a $27.00 payment(total amount) that was due on July 20. I have been a member for like 15 years. I got a call today that they want me to pay $61 With late fees and interest because my account is 5 days late. I asked for a waiver of the late fee and She was not capable of doing that. I canceled my card. This is the 2nd time I have had trouble with this new Cableas card (not working etc). They want me to pay the whole bill because it is 5 days overdue..B.S. My credit rating is 78x and it seems like Big Business is trying to screw the average Joe(Roy) more and more with all these add-ons. I hope for a call or my card is cancelled. My credit rating is 78x.
    you need to join the BBC cash club.
    Ranger Forever

20. Banned
    This is a good thread. I know a guy who has filed bankruptcy twice and stays in a big house on a large piece of land and has nice vehicles. It is evident that owing everybody's brother and not paying on time or not paying at all still can get you a decent living somehow.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast