Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    My biggest complaint would be Fit and Finish. The build quality is not what I would have expected at all. I’ve had two Nitros before this boat, a 2012 Z9 and a 2013 Z7 with far less issues.

Also I would have to agree the cooler is horrible. Both in size and it doesn’t keep ice long at all. Plus I was surprised that Triton doesn’t incorporate a spare prop holder in the boat, had to install one myself.. and they don’t have a net holder on anything smaller than the 21 footer.

'05 TR196- Like everyone else says, the ice chest is obviously not insulated, but I usually take a small cooler if I need something cold.
    The vinyl coated plastic dash and bow panel- They look great new but they eventually fail.
    The rod storage tubes are murder unless you're only carrying 4 rods. I took mine out and just put socks on all my rods.
    Not the boat itself, but my trailer is a rust heap and it sounds like I am far from the only one with this issue.
    Overall though I still love the boat even though it's really needing work done like seats, carpet and trailer repair.
    I'll probably sell it cheap and let the next owner pick up a project or rough, ready to go anywhere fishing boat. Kinda need to do that since I have a BassCat Cougar now
    I have a feeling my next boat will be another Triton.

3. Member
    No AC

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Klinger N Ok View Post
    '05 TR196- Like everyone else says, the ice chest is obviously not insulated, but I usually take a small cooler if I need something cold.
    The vinyl coated plastic dash and bow panel- They look great new but they eventually fail.
    The rod storage tubes are murder unless you're only carrying 4 rods. I took mine out and just put socks on all my rods.
    Not the boat itself, but my trailer is a rust heap and it sounds like I am far from the only one with this issue.
    Overall though I still love the boat even though it's really needing work done like seats, carpet and trailer repair.
    I'll probably sell it cheap and let the next owner pick up a project or rough, ready to go anywhere fishing boat. Kinda need to do that since I have a BassCat Cougar now
    I have a feeling my next boat will be another Triton.
    I'll agree also with you on the trailer being an absolute POS. My brakes quit working so I just cut them off but the actuator in the tongue stopped working well before that so it "bumps" every time I stop or accelerate. Also the plastic trim around the dash is trash. But I'm the same way as you, still love the boat, very fishable and drives good.
    '13 Triton 19SE 225 Pro XS
    '09 Chevy Silverado Z71

5. Banned
    jjtriton, where can I get these??? Triton now has seat risers for the guy that want to see over the consoles

6. Member
    Only thing I have found so far not to like is that it won't fit into my garage.

I guess that just means I get to build a nice shop to store it in :)
    2020 Triton 206 Allure
    Mercury 250 Pro XS 4S Serial # 2B642047
    Bravo XS 22p @ 4.5" PTP
    Minn-Kota Terrova 112 w/ IPilot
    Lowrance Ti2 12" Console
    Lowrance Ti2 9" Bow
    Lowrance Point 1
    Standard Horizon GX2350S
    Shakespeare QC-8 Antenna

7. Member
    2019 TRX20 Patriot - The two cup holders on the floor between the two seats. Totally unnecessary and actually takes away floor space. Already has cup holders everywhere. Needs a little more room between consoles too. My fat butt partner hangs his rain suit on the corner of the windshield all the time. Other than that, I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    It wont go over 90 MPH on the water!
    says who? ;)
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

9. Member
    I don’t like how close the consoles are to each other. My shoulders won’t fit between em when trying to get to the ice chest and I’m always snagging shirts and jackets on the windshields. But I just remove the the passenger console so now no worries. Other than that I love the boat and I’m sure I’ll be a triton fan forever.

10. Member
    Thanks JJTriton for the updated information concerning the new Tritons. That makes me feel even better about my new Triton boat purchase! Love it so far and have only been on the water one time with it so far. It is so much quieter, smoother, drives so much better, etc. than my 2008 TR-186 did. Again, thanks for your wealth of knowledge that you are willing to share concerning Triton boats, a great resource for boaters!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    says who? ;)
    Be honest you haven't hit 90 MPH with a 300HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Be honest you haven't hit 90 MPH with a 300HP.
    not with my big butt in there... I bet shes will get close running light with a pip squeak driving
    --------------------------------------------
    Phillip Arrington
    Dover/Goodlettsville Tn

2017 Sponsoring Partners:
    C&O Marine, Mercury Marine, Goodlettsville Gun Shop, Cantrell's Market, Motorguide , YETI, Carrot Stix, Yum, GateWay Tire Service Center, StormR, SpoolTek, RodSox, Jewel Bait Company, U.S. Bass, Bobs Machine Shop, Lazyman Hooks, FishBum, Bass Militia, Rayus, and Jenko Fishing.

1999 Triton TR-21PD
    Mercury 300R

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GLOCKMEISTER View Post
    not with my big butt in there... I bet shes will get close running light with a pip squeak driving
    lol

14. Member
    I love my triton on the second one now made a big jump from a 17explorer to a 21xs and love them. Next boat will be another triton unless I find a steal on a Caymas in the future. Only thing I don’t like about either one is the console covers. I wish they made them from fiberglass so they are more sturdy and don’t fade out quick

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wvbassmaster View Post
    2003 also!
    I have a 2001 Tx-21. I took some 1" flat rubbatex and insulated the bottom of the cooler lid. I also have a routine for keeping things cold in the cooler. I don't know about everyone else's cooler but mine has a v-shaped bottom. I found some flat 5" wide by 14" blue ice thingys. I fold them over, then freeze them. This way they will actually lay on that v-bottom. Then I use one of those plastic 6-pack freezer things. Put drinks or water bottles in the 6-pack cooler slots and fill the rest up with ice. I always have cold drinks at the end of the day.
    Be safe,
    Rayzor

2001 Triton Tx-21
    2001 Mercury 225 EFI

16. Member
    I hate the cooler. The cooler on my bullet was huge and would keep ice for 2 days. The one on my Triton is out of ice in 4 hours unless I stick some frozen water bottles in there. I swear the Livewells are insulated better. During the summer I will put a bag of ice in each livewell and the livewell will keep a bag of ice frozen for a couple of hours.
    2020 Caymas CX20

17. Member
    I love everything about my new 2019, 20TRX. The only thing I would change is the center storage rod storage. It is beyond me why you would design that so that when the storage is full of 3700 boxes that you cannot put rods there. Otherwise, the boat is great, ride, speed, lift, handling, fishability, finish, etc. etc.. all outstanding. Out of the 5 20+ footers I've owned, this is my favorite. I've had a few minor issues with trolling motor, and an issue with the breaker but overall I'd rate this boat a 9.5/10.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123