Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Complaints on mine: No water pressure gauge. Cheap cooler. Front Center storage is difficult to organize. Rubber mat on top of center storage is hard to clean. Hard to get performance dialed in. Fit and finish wasn't all that great when I took delivery (probably more of a dealer issue).

Things I love: All the extra storage space. Cooler layout I like. Looks awesome on the water. Cheap carpet trim discontinued. Layout in general.
    2018 Triton 18TRX
    2018 Mercury 175 Optimax ProXS

2. Member
    Payments

'12 19xs elite

Hate push pad buttons. Always careful when pressing the buttons so they will hopefully last longer
    Tiny step cooler
    Rear deck storage layout is odd. Wish it was purely made for 3700's

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning 6 View Post
    Only one thing-It refuses to slow down and let me wave as I pass Rangers, Bass Cats, Legends, Nitros, and Champions.
    Thats the best thing I have read in weeks especially considering that i am a current Nitro owner and picking up my new Triton Trx 20 tomorrow morning.
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxstix View Post
    '12 19xs elite

Hate push pad buttons. Always careful when pressing the buttons so they will hopefully last longer
    Tiny step cooler
    Rear deck storage layout is odd. Wish it was purely made for 3700's
    13 19XS Elite - concur with all the above. Not a fan of touch pad dashes in general and the engine start/stop button caused some unwanted excitement before I had it bypassed to use the key switch. I use that little "cooler" for storage. I will add that the (non)adjustable seats on mine are a waste. It is, however, a very good fishing boat overall.

I had a 20x3 before my Phoenix and the only complaint I had was I didn't get good bow lift. Great riding boat though.
    2019 Phoenix 21PHX / 250 Mercury Pro XS 4 Stroke

7. Member
    Only thing about my 21 TRX is I have holeshot issues. May be self inflicted with 4 31 AGMS and tackle load but it just seems to be a real dog. Even loaded down with my High 5 it's still not the greatest but that would be my only complaint. Love the boat.

8. Member
    Seats ripped, gas gauge has never been accurate, and hull blisters.
    2008 Tr 21X- 2018 250 Mercury Pro XS 4S
    2B595479

the manual says that if the start/stop goes out then turning the key will work. It just wont work if the pad is still functioning. Is that what you mean or did you do something else to bypass the pad and use the key?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxstix View Post
    the manual says that if the start/stop goes out then turning the key will work. It just wont work if the pad is still functioning. Is that what you mean or did you do something else to bypass the pad and use the key?
    I wouldn't trust what the manual says in this case. I was DIW and could not start even with jumper cables to a trolling battery. I also had several instances where the engine would shut down at speed as if the kill switch was pulled. The Stop side on mine would kill the engine if you breathed on it. The bypass of the start/stop button is to switch some connectors around at the key switch. My dealer did mine. Triton gave him the instructions. It was literally a 15 minute job for them. No issues since.

11. Member
    the cooler

ya cooler sucks and I had to put a timer on the recirculate
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

I bought my boat "used" so there is not a lot that I don't like about it. My biggest dislike is getting into the bilge area to do any kind of work on the pumps or mounting a transducer.

Cooler: I don't use it, I bring a small soft sided cooler for my lunch and waters and stick it in a compartment.
    Speedometer: Never worked since I bought it, sticks at 70mph. I use the HB graph for speed.
    Chine walk: Boat only goes to 66mph and not fast enough to chine walk!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

14. Member
    08 20x2, cooler last all day in any heat.
    gas smell is super bad in rod racks
    best bass boat i've ever owned. runs 72 most days.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob G. View Post
    I bought my boat "used" so there is not a lot that I don't like about it. My biggest dislike is getting into the bilge area to do any kind of work on the pumps or mounting a transducer.

Cooler: I don't use it, I bring a small soft sided cooler for my lunch and waters and stick it in a compartment.
    Speedometer: Never worked since I bought it, sticks at 70mph. I use the HB graph for speed.
    Chine walk: Boat only goes to 66mph and not fast enough to chine walk!!
    My new to me boat may have been upgraded......put ice and drinks in cooler at 2:30 pm on a 92 degree day, emptied cooler the next morning about 11am and still had cold water but no ice. Boat tries to get weird at 68, I haven't learned to drive it yet as it has been too windy. Still had some throttle left and several hundred rpm under max. I have to get used to the blinker trim and blinker hydraulic jack plate that I didn't have on my old boat. Luckily my main livewell pumps work, they do not look fun to replace. I replaced the pumps on the 2nd live/bait well and they were not to bad. My Nitro had a removable rear hatch that allowed me to lay on the rear deck when working in the bilge area, I am thinking of putting that type on this boat.
    1999 Triton TX21/225 Mercury Optimax/25p Trophy Plus

16. Member
    These are the items that have been addressed by Triton. Triton now has seat risers for the guy that want to see over the consoles. The cooler in the new boats have been insulated with more foam, the fuel tanks are now lined to eliminate fuel smells, changed the push button switches to rotary, push button switches are now an options, seats are now doubled stitched, and now have a state of the art facility they can call their own.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Overall I really liked my old 2004 TR196. There were 2 things I didnt like. The cheap plastic on the drivers and front console weathered, dry rotted and cracked. The boat was garge kept too. 2nd the screws constantly backed out on my driver's console and eventually stripped thanks to choppy water running.
    Same here. I have a 2002 TR19. Console plastic and all the fastening for everything on it was poorly thought out. Livewells drain when running and the wiring is SLOPPY in the rear. Only complaints
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

Quote Originally Posted by jjtriton View Post
    These are the items that have been addressed by Triton. Triton now has seat risers for the guy that want to see over the consoles. The cooler in the new boats have been insulated with more foam, the fuel tanks are now lined to eliminate fuel smells, changed the push button switches to rotary, push button switches are now an options, seats are now doubled stitched, and now have a state of the art facility they can call their own.
    Your post reminds me of a few things that I like about my boat: rotary switches, no gas smell in the rod lockers and I can see over the wind shields (I'm 6'2").
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

19. Member
    Jjtriton where can I see one of these seat risers? I might want one for my 2019 18 TRX.

20. Member
    So after running a 2017 z19 for 12 months of the 24 months of payments. After tracker bought it back I took the cash and paid cash for a 1997 tr21. With that said the tr21 I bought has just as many cracks as the 40k z19. But hands down I would never trade my tr21 for any Nitro and that is no joke. Runs great handles great, fishes great. And its paid for. And its pre JM. The only thing I can't wait for is the day I have the cash to put a new 225 4 stroke on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast