Thread: Salt Fork Lake

Salt Fork Lake

Fish a couple days out there...caught a 4lber and a couple small bass along with a bonus smallmouth. Tried crankbaits, swimbaits and drop shot and they all ate a 3/8 ounce jig and pig...all in about 12' of water.

That lake has absolutely no weeds or grass...just rock/gravel bottom flat as a pancake..haha...found that the gradual slope to deeper water or a channel did the best.

Wife dropped shot a nightcrawler and caught quite a few bluegill. About half the size of your hand and extremely skinny.

Tried for saugeye/walleye in the evenings. Tried deep shallow off beaches and not one bite. Was hoping to at least catch one.

Just visually you'd think the fishing would be better there, but was hard going. Didn't see any birds either...thought I saw bigfoot though....;)

2. Member
    rocky fork lake is the only good bass lake with a fork in it!!!
    Last edited by mactlman; 07-27-2019 at 03:00 PM.
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    Ha!

4. Member
    salt fork blows goats. I hate that lake. Used to be decent about 15 years ago, before the had to fix the damn and drained it like 8'. Since then it's been the dead sea. the ONLY reason I go there is to actually run my boat. Other than that, I steer clear like the plague.
    THIS SPACE FOR RENT

5. Member
    Wrong Mac, Clear Fork is awesome.
    President
    Team Bass Xtreme & Buckeye Elite Anglers Trail
    www.teambassxtreme.com
    Buckeyeelites.com