Indiana Bass Club Moderator sc419795's Avatar

Maxfli Tour Golf Ball

Low on golf balls and ran into Dick's quickly to restock. Normally play ProV1's. They had a close out on the 2018's and had them in my hand. Came across an end cap with Maxfli Tour and Tour X. Special 2 dozen for $50. About the price of a dozen ProV1s. Read the box and did a little internet shopping. Figured what the heck and bought them figuring if I did not like them, I can always use them for practice balls.

Played 9 holes with them last night and have to say they are pretty good. Felt about the same off the club face. Similar distance. Irons shots into the green hit and checked. Maybe a little harder off the putter head but not so much to notice. Going to get out this evening to try and play another 9 - but so far, pretty impressed.
    Steve
    2006 Sylvan Expedition Sport
    2006 Yamaha F150 TXR s/n 63P L 1041829

2. Member
    Nice to find a cheaper comp.
    i was solid pro v for many years but would venture to try others occasionally.
    Chrome soft finally won the day with the yellow soccer ball version that I can see in flight and has great control off both driver and irons. But only saving $6.00 or so a dozen. But I enjoy seeing the ball in flight and I know which ball is mine when I arrive in the fairway.

My brother bought the Maxfi's Tours at Dicks also. He likes them and hits them well.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150