Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Paint was peeling off of the bottom. Not just scratching but peeling. Only A month old. Took it back to dealer and they sent it back to Arkansas I figured they were going to strip it and repair but they replaced the hull. So like I stated above. If they see where it was a defect from factory they stand behind it. IMO.

2. Member
    Like every manufacturer gonna have issues. Vexus is no diffrrent than the rest, good marketing though. Lots of fancy slogans "Hard Case Paint". Customer Service is what separates. They must have a good reason on this one, sucks man. Wish it was a better outcome for you.

3. Member
    That's alarming because yours wont be the only boat with that issue, for the first couple years of the S197 Ford Mustang body style they had issues with the paint on the aluminum hood peeling for no apparent reason, turns out some of the hoods had metal contamination during the manufacturing of the aluminum used in the hood, quite a few had to be replaced under warranty at the time.

This could be the same issue, especially because they replaced the entire hull.

This bothers me because I'm ordering a boat once the Lowrance Ghost becomes an option on my two choices, and it was narrowed down to the Vexus 2080 and the Nitro Z20.

4. Member
    Rather than beach the boat he should have jumped out and let it sink.What Would you guys have done .I would have went to the bank to .

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    Rather than beach the boat he should have jumped out and let it sink.What Would you guys have done .I would have went to the bank to .
    If there was only something in these boats to prevent it from sinking.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy Seahawks View Post
    What evidence are they following? The only explanation I was given by Vexus was they found gravel in the hull. There was no impact damage, and no other damage besides the weld cracks. I respectfully disagree with the repair being fine, especially when this was supposed to be a warranty repair.
    It doesn't appear to be a warranty repair anymore, since it's a good will repair. They suspect you hit something or from abuse. Maybe go through insurance and have them Duke it out.

It's going to be an uphill battle unless more start cracking.

How'd you discover you were taking on water. What happened or was happening. You said you were in a tournament.

7. Member
    Assume the bilge kicked on and he noticed..... Sucks man, I would have done the same, sure he was pretty freaked out about the situation. If u really didn't hit something, could have been floater even, then I get your frustration. Hang in there

Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    It doesn't appear to be a warranty repair anymore, since it's a good will repair. They suspect you hit something or from abuse. Maybe go through insurance and have them Duke it out.

It's going to be an uphill battle unless more start cracking.

How'd you discover you were taking on water. What happened or was happening. You said you were in a tournament.

How did he get it to crack in a straight line ?
    To not repair this under warranty would be ridiculous.
    Last edited by TMG; 07-27-2019 at 12:19 AM.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by MetsFan9 View Post
    Assume the bilge kicked on and he noticed..... Sucks man, I would have done the same, sure he was pretty freaked out about the situation. If u really didn't hit something, could have been floater even, then I get your frustration. Hang in there
    The welds cracked. If you read what the OP wrote and look very hard at the pics there is no visible damage to the hull or keel. Welds can crack due to stress or an improper weld. This is should have never been a "good will" fix as how can a weld cracking with no other damage be considered a non warranty issue? What I don't get looking at one of the pictures is what appears to be a straight line cut just above the keel. Was that done by vexus and returned that way to the owner? That cut is too mechanical looking to have been caused by hitting something. It looks like the remnants of being done by a grinder or cutting wheel.

10. Member
    Man the more I look at the pictures I would not have that on a 40,000 dollar boat or any boat.That repair job is terrible. There is no dents in it that would cause that to crack.Vexus should give him a new hull.The scratches should not have caused it nether .This really looks bad on Vexus.If I was them I would make this right a fast as I can .

11. Member
    I’ve had a lot of aluminum boats over the years and always run mine up on the river bank that was gravel. Sand or rocks that will not not make a weld fail I done it for years with no problems it’s sad that a boat that cost that much money and that’s the best they can do hope you get it worked out

12. Banned
    Why did you beach it? I didn't think they would sink if you tried.

I will give my comments here as threads like these bother me for many reasons. I normally try not to do this but this one in particular has bothered me since it came to be.

My opinion and only my opinion is that this issue should’ve been handled one of two ways and simply do not see how it wasn’t. I would love to hear as to why it didn’t quite honestly. For the sake of keeping the events as outlined I will say:
    (1) the owner felt this was a warranty coverage so the dealer and Vexus should have worked together (as it appears), to validate whether or not in fact it is a valid warranty coverage. If they felt it was, they should’ve fixed it under warranty. Seeing how they felt it wasn’t, it’s my belief contact should’ve been made with the boat owner letting them know why it would not and reasons justified for a non warranty coverage. Now I do feel Vexus and or the dealer at this point should’ve encouraged the owner to seek out an insurance claim seeing how he didn’t feel he had hit anything and if denied by insurance, they would possibly look at a “goodwill” repair to help him out. (I will comment further on down below)...

(2) the owner should have contacted his insurance company stating warranty was denied by Vexus, as he was told impact damage was given as reason and he had not hit anything (as the owner has stated and believes to be true). Now the owner should have provided fine details of his reasoning behind not being aware of hitting anything and justifications on how he had no other choice but to beach the boat and details beyond.

** Depending on the outcome of number two, is where things should have taken course of action. If insurance agreed non impact had taken place other than staying true to the incident and beaching of boat, both them and the owner could have went back to Vexus on this being covered under warranty versus insurance claim. Depending on resolution here with the owner, Vexus, & the insurance... this could’ve been resolved 100% whether it be warranty, insurance claim and repair, or goodwill. While all may not had been in agreement, I believe in the case presented this ultimately would’ve given all parties equal opportunity to be understanding of the situation and final outcome.

Hope this works out best for all involved...

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickl View Post
    Man the more I look at the pictures I would not have that on a 40,000 dollar boat or any boat.That repair job is terrible. There is no dents in it that would cause that to crack.Vexus should give him a new hull.The scratches should not have caused it nether .This really looks bad on Vexus.If I was them I would make this right a fast as I can .
    I agree it looks like they don't have time or want to honor there warranty. We found gravel in your boat sounds like a lame excuse unless there is more to the story and there could be.

15. Member
    Funny that the Moderator has not chimed in

I was thinking the same thing. But, it’s probably best that he doesn’t. I’m sure it is being noticed. I hate to say it, but reading the situation that the OP stated, I think Vexus is done with his hull. It would take people who have boats on order, call and cancel their orders and state this situation is the reason for cancellation. I hope I’m wrong, but this is the only way the op will get his new hull. It’s very sad. For the op’s sake, I really hope this stays a hot topic and gets the attention it deserves. Everyone who clicks on the Vexus board has to be somewhat interested in one. I’ll always have my boat that I had built til the day I die, but by no means will it be the last boat that I will ever buy......
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam J View Post

2018 21' GatorTrax Strike Series, 250 Yamaha SHO

17. Member
    I was thinking about 1980 next year but after this I am ok I will get something else .

18. Member
    Same here, especially with that ugly notch Vexus was OK with leaving and not sealing up, that's just a sign of not caring.

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
    Other than the cracked weld, those are some serious looking gouges in the metal. You got that from beaching the boat in some gravel?

20. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam J View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by H22BASS250SHO View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. But, it’s probably best that he doesn’t. I’m sure it is being noticed.
    I'm sure that Steve is getting the message to the proper folks, but in his capacity, it's out of his lane to comment. It is an issue between the customer and customer service/management.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast