Banned

Question Talon Tilt Brackets: What Fits What?

I've got a Gen 1 Eight foot Talon, new style sandwich mount, and a Gen 1 (I guess) tilt bracket. I've got a chance to buy a nearly new 12' Talon.
    Can I use the Gen 1 early model tilt bracket with the 12' Talon?

Don't think so, go to Russel Marine Products web site and pull up the tilt brackets.I believe the 3rd gen Talon takes a different bracket.

3. BBC SPONSOR
    I will research this and let you know. We carry all kinds of talons and accessories so I would be glad to help. FTO Marine Supplies.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    I will research this and let you know. We carry all kinds of talons and accessories so I would be glad to help. FTO Marine Supplies.

Maybe. The actual metal bracket is the same but the crutch is different between the gen 1 and gen 2 tilt brackets. That’s the arm that swivels out. If I remember right I think the crutch was too short for my gen 2 talons. I can’t remember if the part that swivels is the same or not but I was able to order just that part from MK.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
    Maybe. The actual metal bracket is the same but the crutch is different between the gen 1 and gen 2 tilt brackets. That’s the arm that swivels out. If I remember right I think the crutch was too short for my gen 2 talons. I can’t remember if the part that swivels is the same or not but I was able to order just that part from MK.
    you need a new signature pic now bud

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    you need a new signature pic now bud
    I know! I've snapped a few but the lighting hasn't been very good in any of them. I'm still 100% happy I switched to Power Poles.

Scott this is a link to the assembly that I think you will need. https://www.fish307.com/minn-kota-tr...acket-2992345/

And here is a link to the parts diagram for the flip brackets. https://www.fish307.com/content/MK_2...acket-2018.pdf

And here is a link for the gen 1 flip bracket parts. The crutch is threaded which is why it wasn't long enough for my 10 foot talons to not hit the deck. https://www.fish307.com/content/MK_2...%20Bracket.pdf

9. Banned
    Thanks for the info, Syncros!
    So the tilt bracket itself is actually the same; it's just the crutch that's different?

Quote Originally Posted by Nova Kaw 650 View Post
    Thanks for the info, Syncros!
    So the tilt bracket itself is actually the same; it's just the crutch that's different?
    Yes. I used the gen 1 tilt bracket with a gen 2 crutch assembly for years with gen 2 10 foot talons.

11. Banned
    Yes. I used the gen 1 tilt bracket with a gen 2 crutch assembly for years with gen 2 10 foot talons.
    Thank you sir!

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    I know! I've snapped a few but the lighting hasn't been very good in any of them. I'm still 100% happy I switched to Power Poles.
    right on bud, knew you would be happy.