Thread: 1996 201 XL

1996 201 XL

Looking for some info on this boat. Pro and cons. What to be looking for before buying to to Bass Boats. Thanks

2. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

3. Member
    No it's a different one boat. Why you know anything about it? Thanks

I owned a 95 back in 95 and considered it to be one of the best hulls ever made. The old 201's used to be fast and handled rougher water with ease but I would be more concerned aobut the OAL condition. It is of classic age and could have some hidden issues. Get a boat survey to include a motor and hull inspection. An expert will check the hull for delamination and the motor for compression. Carpet, vinyl, tires, paint, gel are all wear items that can be easily fixed. You need to be looking for the issues that may exist under the skin.
    2012 Ranger Z519 Comanche - Merc. 225 Pro XS - 24 Razor 4 XL/25 Tempest Plus

5. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozman123 View Post
    No it's a different one boat. Why you know anything about it? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    I owned a 95 back in 95 and considered it to be one of the best hulls ever made. The old 201's used to be fast and handled rougher water with ease but I would be more concerned aobut the OAL condition. It is of classic age and could have some hidden issues. Get a boat survey to include a motor and hull inspection. An expert will check the hull for delamination and the motor for compression. Carpet, vinyl, tires, paint, gel are all wear items that can be easily fixed. You need to be looking for the issues that may exist under the skin.
    ^^^ This.

I'd be concerned about the transom on an old boat.

You might want to give us more info on the boat.
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel