Pumpout switch on Sterling no power

Ok here is my problem my pumpout switch is dead tried to take screws out wont come out to get at back of panel to see whats up put screwdriver and lifted on it to put tension against screws no sucess anyone else have this problem any info would help also tried to get at it through storage box with crank battery in it no luck there

2. Member
    Did you ck. the pump first? There is a circuit breaker panel by your right leg, push all the bubbles hard to see if one tripped and to reset it.

3. Member
    Yes sir tried that also took up console swapped pumps and wires hooked wire off fill pump to pump out and turned fill switch on ran fine my pump out switch is not lighting up either makes me think wire fell off just cant get at it oh swapped wires before moving pumps. May try to drill heads off of screws holding plate tomorrow

4. Finally over 80
    You should be able to access the switches by removing the gear shifter plate. Than reaching around to access the pump out switches.

5. Member
    Well problem has been fixed thanks for advice guys reset button was partially out son push them all yesterday said they were all in but checked again found out it wasn't all the way in so now time to head to the lake Thanks again

dope!

glad to hear you found problem...

normally when that happens it means one of 2 things...
    got a pump motor going bad/trash in it...
    OR
    someone left the pump out on for too long and it got hot...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

7. Member
    Primetime your cranking battery is in the compartment? mine is stuffed behind the drivers seat next to power pole pumps.

8. Member
    Lrrsme yes my crank battery and oil reserve tank are behind driver seat power pole pumps are under center console on both sides where all livewell pumps are

9. Member
    Thought about moving my cranking battery to the storage on the pass. side for easy access and a little better balance, It's a pain to get to now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lrrsme View Post
    Thought about moving my cranking battery to the storage on the pass. side for easy access and a little better balance, It's a pain to get to now.
    thinking bout doing the same
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

11. Finally over 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Lrrsme View Post
    That's a great idea!