Thread: 596 upgrades???

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

596 upgrades???

What are you guys thinking???Removable console that will hold a 12?
    wider front deck right now it’s the same as a puma if that helps but is 105 long??
    sea deck flooring?
    bigger bow panel?
    Heres a question does the back deck need to be as big as is ,it’s 62 long by about 80 wide that can be made 85is pretty easy.If they move the seats back that will give more front deck .
    How about center storage do we need rods over the tackle system?
    What about double lids that open outwards for center storage something like a skeeter ?
    How about speed they can put the 797 pad under it and keep the deep V ,as is it’s about a 72-76 mph boat with a 250.
    Under seat storage?
    how about cooler in the floor?
    If they don’t change the hull it will take less time to get it out.
    as is it’s 21’9” which is about perfect.
    Joe is talking so if interest is shown he will move forward.

shown it will go forward .

2. Member
    I like the underseat storage and where the cooler is, but more people want the day box between 2 bucket seats nowadays. Make the step to the front deck a big, deep cooler like they did on the 210?

As long as the change the top cap and not the hull. Changing the hull would be a disaster.

4. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Keep the ideas coming Joe is watching!

5. Member
    You know, if I save $10.00 per week, i should have enough saved up to pay cash for a new 596 by the time Joe gets it built! LMAO!

Console big enough for at least 10" graph.
    Removable passenger console.
    Drink and tool holders.
    Better console between the seats with a good step and drink holders, maybe some small storage for phone/wallet/keys.
    Could possibly move the seats back about 6-8" to make the front deck a little longer.
    I wouldn't change the width of the deck at all.

7. Member
    "I wouldn't change the width of the deck at all."

Not even at the very front?

I agree with all of your other suggestions.

NO CHANGING OF THE HULL!! That is what MAKES the 596/496.

If changing the top cap-
    wider would be good
    shorten the back deck a tad making front deck longer
    most would like a removable passenger console
    definitely make console to fit a 12"
    storage compartments on side of consoles like the 210
    tool holder by console like 210
    cooler where the step to deck is but definitely fix the door opening so it doesn't hit like the 210
    if widening the deck make side compartments bigger
    i personally like one big middle compartment with rod storage above like the 210 has
    Charger 210 Elite

Quote Originally Posted by wishitwasbigger View Post
    You know, if I save $10.00 per week, i should have enough saved up to pay cash for a new 596 by the time Joe gets it built! LMAO!
    $20 isn't gonna buy one. Remember just 2 more weeks!
    Charger 210 Elite

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    It will be around 5 inches wider from stern to bow carpet area so it’s around 73 at console now it will be about 78 and about 65 at seat post so not a lot but a little more deck area back would be around 85 and if we cut 5 off that will be 56-57 long and front would be 110-112 long.

11. Banned
    Skeeters coffin lockers are what kept me from buying one, the idea is OK, but they need to be independent boxes if they do it. I would think a front deck being longer could only be beneficial. A console that accepts bigger graphs will help too, even if they don’t make the graph recessed, at least they can put all the gauges to the far corners. Not sure there’s even a need for gauges anymore with the Merc monitors & such.

But in all honesty, I don’t think I could ever afford one anyways and there’s no dealerships within 4 hours of San Antonio.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 07-24-2019 at 09:48 PM. Reason: I can’t spell

Speed of the 596 is fine. 72mph tourney load with 2 people and 76mph alone with a 250 SHO is plenty of speed for me.

13. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Only one thing, like the rest of the charger line except the 797 bigger dash for a 12 inch unit, and not what my wife thinks is 12 inches

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    And by moving the cockpit back would also help in top speed .Coffin lids I don’t know if I like either

Oh yeah one other thing; need to do the 496 first as most people look for that 20ft size boat.
    Charger 210 Elite

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-Hunt View Post
    Oh yeah one other thing; need to do the 496 first as most people look for that 20ft size boat.
    That's what I said too Dave.

17. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    here’s my thinking they have a newer upgraded 20 ft the 210 and 70-90 percent of sales are 797 210 and Phoenix 721-921 nitro z21 ,ranger 520-521 etc it seems that 21 -22 foot are becoming the norm now.The 596 and 797 both fish really good they sit more level and waves don’t effect them as bad just more boat there.The 496 cost just as much as the 596-210-797 so no benefit going back to 20’6 inch boat over a 21 foot and most garages are now deep enough for the bigger boats.As we have seen a 198 is same price as a 210 so guys are buying the 210 for a bigger better riding boat.There is a plus to the 596 it will run in big wind waves and major boat chop as it can get to the other wave top,in all my 15 years I have never stuffed a wave in it.My 195 we stuffed it many times it just could not get the the other wave top.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 07-24-2019 at 05:55 PM.

18. Member
    1) Move the cockpit back 8 inches or so to lengthen the front deck. Shift the rod box lids back accordingly and place the rod strap so that the rods sit further back and not under your feet. Don’t change the dimensions of the deck at the nose - it is set up perfectly for efficient fishing.
    2) console modifications to allow 12 inch graph, and change shape of side of console to allow rod tips to pass outside of it without sitting up on the fiberglass.
    3) catch basin for tools on the front of each console before the carpet starts and out of the way of the lids.
    4) Improve layout of center storage boxes to eliminate that weird dead spot in front of the step.
    5) New center console with dry storage for wallet and keys.
    6) I like an ice chest I can reach from the ground, wherever it could be placed.
    7) new modern switches and all fiberglass console.

Fun thread I’m sure I’ll think of a few more. I’d love to be the first one they build a new cap for! I’ll pre order!

19. Member
    Do it! I love the 6 series, but would like a little wider top cap.

Longer front deck, if you can tweak the top cap to give you some more width that would be great. maybe do what they did on the Ranger Z522D top cap to gain some width??
    Removal console would be HUGE. Seems like more and more want that option.
    I don't mount my electronics on the console so I could care less what size would fit but I like a space to mount a RAM mount on the side.
    I think the 210 looks amazing so I would take things from that boat and incorporate them into the top cap to save cost.
    The hull seems to work great so I wouldn't mess with that.
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast