Thread: 596 upgrades???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blakesfav View Post
    I’m kind of torn on the latchless lids the 210 has. It’s a clean deck. I don’t really understand how they stay closed..
    The lids will stay closed. Champions had locks (no latches) and I've never had a lid come open in 3 Champs over almost 30yrs. They guys that have the 210 can attest. I saw a comment in an earlier post about the drawers in the foot blocks. Personally, I think the passenger foot block in the 210 could be a trip hazard if you had the passenger console out. My 210 came as a single console & I can guarantee that I'd be tripping over that thing constantly if it was there.

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I have no latches on my 596 never once have they came open even at 90 down the highway

3. Member
    The lids on the 6 series open to the side not front to back. I wonder how they would do if the was no gap similar to the ranger intercoastal boats. That is what they would need to do for seadek.

What do you guys think about the rod locker lids hinging in the front instead of the side? I like idea for loading and unloading rods. I wonder if it would be hard to open with rods on the deck though.

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerbass02 View Post
    ...What do you guys think about the rod locker lids hinging in the front instead of the side?...
    That'd take some honkin gas struts to hold them puppies up

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I hate it ,but Iam sure Jim can make them open any way,my old 170 open from outside never liked that either .

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chargerbass02 View Post
    The lids on the 6 series open to the side not front to back. I wonder how they would do if the was no gap similar to the ranger intercoastal boats. That is what they would need to do for seadek.

What do you guys think about the rod locker lids hinging in the front instead of the side? I like idea for loading and unloading rods. I wonder if it would be hard to open with rods on the deck though.
    Falcon has a video on their site showing how they open with the rods on top of them. It’s not an issue for them apparently.

I like the lids opening just the way they are.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    I like the lids opening just the way they are.
    Me too. Falcon actually has the option to hinge them either way. I never load rods from outside so I like them as is also.

I'm surprised they haven't designed a lid that can open both ways! I was just sitting here thinking how to design a lid that will open either way and I figured it out!
    Joe Galada - Tamaqua, PA
    2004 Ranger 521VX - Yamaha 250 SHO

10. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Sell it !

11. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    They dont seem to care about making a dash for the 210,198 to fit bigger graphs, Why do ya'll think they care about updating the 596?

The 496 and 396 is the market for the Charger line. If they would just spend the money to update these two boats modernize them for bigger graphs and more room they could have a product that would compete with the rest.

I take that the 596 is a great boat, but if they are going to update a boat it needs to be a smaller hull that can bring in some sales, Maybe even a smaller 18 ft hull, this is the most sold!!
    Last edited by Hickory Legend; 07-30-2019 at 07:49 AM.

12. Member
    Hickory I agree but that would be a direct competitor to the 210 elite. I my self love the 496 size. It is just in DESPERATE need of updates.

Also Hickory. We are all giving our opinions but how many are pulling the trigger on a new boat? I know that I would never be able to swing a $500 a month boat payment. So I would not be able to see these options for years down the road.
    Last edited by chargerbass02; 07-30-2019 at 07:07 AM.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePA View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't designed a lid that can open both ways! I was just sitting here thinking how to design a lid that will open either way and I figured it out!
    It would be easy. You just make the hinge buckle like the console does in the 797. Then you unbuckle the other hinge.

14. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    The new world of bass boats it seems the 18 foot market is slow and the 21-20 foot market is hot .They need a good PR person out selling and the 596 will sell just on ride alone.
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 07-30-2019 at 08:26 AM.

15. Member
    I guess the rumors of an increase in BASS or FLW horsepower to 300 would make this potential update even more interesting.

16. Banned
    I guess the rumors of an increase in BASS or FLW horsepower to 300 would make this potential update even more interesting.

Only if guys are sponsored, not many of these dudes buy their own boats.

17. Member
    I was just thinking it’s a big boat and I’d enjoy the 300. It keeps you from taking a resale hit on the 300 if it’s allowed on the bass trails.

18. Banned
    I was just thinking it’s a big boat and I’d enjoy the 300. It keeps you from taking a resale hit on the 300 if it’s allowed on the bass trails.

True that.

19. Member
    •don't alter the hull
    •widen the deck as much as possible (especially from the seat pedestal forward)
    •move the cockpit back/shorten the rear deck as much as possible without altering its layout ( livewell location remaining the same)
    • NO COFFIN LIDS, please....option of one large or two smaller center storage boxes
    •single console option or removable console option
    •new console design with a small padded ramp so rods can be stored farther rearward on deck (similar to Phoenix or Falcon)

With these alterations, the 596 would be force to be reckoned with. I love the 210, but if these changes made their way into the 596, it would be a very tough choice to make.

20. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    The new world of bass boats it seems the 18 foot market is slow and the 21-20 foot market is hot .They need a good PR person out selling and the 596 will sell just on ride alone.
    Wait til the economy slows...the 18ft market will come back in a big way. Look at the explosion of tin boats for a comparison.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast