2013 ez loader brake problem

I’ve had repeated problems with my ez loader trailer brakes. For the third time one of them has hung up or not released properly and ground my brake pad down to nothing and ruined my rotor. I fixed it the first time. The second time I replaced everything from the axle to the wheel with all new assemblies. And now one side has done it again..

Has anyone else had this much trouble with their trailer and brakes??
    if so, what did you do to resolve your problem???

i use my boat 3-4 times a week so it’s not from sitting too long or lack of use.

Any ideas people??

Thanks in advance, this is a great group that always has useful advice...

2. Member
    It is a prety simple system. If nothing is bent and the calipers are not hanging up maybe it is something with the break lines. Now that is just a guess. Personaly I would check the calipers again and then work back from there. Maybe the actuator is stuck?

3. Member
    Thanks, I’ll check on that.
    This is the second rotor I’ve had get totally chewed up.

4. Member
    Dealing with same issue right now, mine is a 2015

5. Member
    I think I came up with a solution gonna try it on mine and see if it works

6. Member
    2010 easyloader and mine will fell like it hangs up from time to time (especially in traffic) get a vibration in the steering and chassis. At first I would pull over to check everything and feel for heat and a hub or 2 would be hot, I put truck in reverse to release brakes and it would go away for a while. So I put a 12 volt wireless remote control switch on mine so I can activate the brake actuator at any time (fool the trailer into thinking i was in reverse). I have not fixed the problem but I have fixed the symptoms, brake wear and heat and danger to tires and hubs from said heat. I hit the switch after I hit the brakes 2-3 times just to be safe.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Depending on your local conditions and use the calipers and actuator can get pretty messed up without doing some regular maintenance. I have replaced both brake calipers and the actuator on my 2010 trailer. I had issues with calipers hanging up and an actuator that had been run dry by the previous owner. Once these were replaced the trailer brakes have been perfect.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

8. Member
    Everybody check your plugs first. They are typically junk 6 months after buying and prob 90% of the time the culprit

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loomis88 View Post
    Everybody check your plugs first. They are typically junk 6 months after buying and prob 90% of the time the culprit
    What are the plugs you're talking about?