Thread: Mmmmm......

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mmmmm......

Guess it's gonna be awhile longer before I get back on the water.....

2. Member
    Man, you are a glutton for punishment when you're done with yours , got one in Cali could use some love

Hope the bow eye don’t break ...
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by crank68 View Post
    Hope the bow eye don’t break ...
    Not sure why it would... It is not being picked up by the bow eye. The bow eye is simply acting as a stop. For it to "break" it would have to shear the 5/16" bolt - I doubt that will happen. But yeah.... I hope it don't either!

But... before you start thinkin' the trailer wasn't road worthy.... It was just ugly. I would venture a guess my o'l ugly trailer was more road worthy than a lot of new ones today...

Consider this:

I replaced the old cast equalizer with Dexter E-Z Flex Heavy Duty Rubber Suspension System. I also replaced all the plastic bushing with bronze bushing, replaced all 4 springs and installed a Dexter Wet Bolt system for all pivot point bolts. The "wet bolt" provides the ability to use a grease gun to lube all spring hanger and equalizer mounting bolts. Looks like this...

The trailer has UFP hub/rotors/calipers. New axle stubs were installed by McLain trailers in Houston, TX. Also installed new UFP brake actuator.

All 4 hubs utilize the "Vault" lubrication system. 5 year no maintaince.

5. Member
    Do you know right off hand the size for the suspension kit I need to do that on mine
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

6. Member

Message Edited....

Quote Originally Posted by CCGambler206 View Post
    Do you know right off hand the size for the suspension kit I need to do that on mine
    Originally I posted info that was relevant to my construction trailer showing 7,000# axle capacity. That is not the right info. 2750# axles/hubs are on the 209 trailer.

What I put on mine, the part number, appears to have been superseded. I put this stuff on in 2015 and at that time the way I had to order it was convoluted. I had to order the equalizer for a single axle trailer then order extra spring bushings and wet bolts for a tandem. It "looks" like now you can order a single kit and get everything you need. My trailer, I don't know what you have, is 35" axle center spacing and 7 1/2" equalizer bolt hole spacing. The equalizer listed has 7 3/4" bolt hole spacing the 1/4" makes no difference. My trailer has 2750# spindles creating a 5,500# GVWR. Below is a link to what I got (sorta). You just need to confirm axle spacing and equalizer bolt spacing - on your trailer. The problem with ordering based solely on weight is.... The equalizer will be wrong. You have to measure. If your's is a tandem axle for a 209 you can use the info I provided. If it's anything other than that... MEASURE!

https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Lea...71-653-00.html
    Last edited by yupitsme; 07-26-2019 at 09:31 AM.

7. Member
    Yea I got same year 209 as you mine has 1750 axles I believe and I have turbo lube hubs
    Lowrance Pro-Staff
    Picasso Outdoors
    PowerTeam Lures
    Red Dirt Baits
    Boing Lures
    E Custom Baits
    Full Throttle Tackle

8. Member
    You can look on the VIN sticker.... it will give you axle capacity. I'd be real surprised if your's was different than mine.

9. Member

10. Member
    Dude, you are on a boat rehab mission!
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    Dude, you are on a boat rehab mission!
    Yeah... that’s why I never really wanted to start. I’ve seen this movie before. I don’t quit until it’s all done as well as it can be done. Just a shame the gel coat is so wrecked. Could’a been a really nice job.

12. Member
    Prime Time

5 Stage HVLP turbine...

13. Member
    And done....

You automotive refinishers oughta recognize this set up....

14. Member
    I don’t know whether to call you crazy, for being a gluten for punishment, or ask you to marry me?

Your work is amazing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Prestridge View Post
    I don’t know whether to call you crazy, for being a gluten for punishment, or ask you to marry me?

Your work is amazing.
    Thanks for the compliment!

Looks like you're gonna have to pick between choices 1 & 2. I talked to my Mother about that marriage thingee and she said I was too young to get married - again.

16. Member
    Early bird git's tha' worm. Or is that the shaft that the bird gits? Time to start wet/block sanding. NOBODY block sands a channel frame trailer - nobody!

Li'l bit of trace coating....

Then there ain't nothing to it but do it....

17. Member
    First basecoat....

18. Member
    2nd basecoat is down and then some vinyl pins before the clear coats...

WOW - again Yup - great work and great photo documentation!!! Awesome! This rig setup is going to be perfect when done! I almost expect the next thread of yours will be an excellent "Gel coat repair - How to"....LOL ....and I bet I'm not the only one to think that!(even though your gel doesn't look wrecked to me). Hopefully you can get out soon and use your new rig!!

20. Member
    The pictures don't do it justice.... I used a product I've never used before. It came from the Sherwin-Williams automotive refinishing store. Basecoat/clear coat. I've done that before base/clear but never this product. The clear laid down like glass. Like I said... can't see it in the pictures. Maybe when I get it put all back together and get it outside it'll show better. I'm a pretty hard person to please - this job I'm very happy with.

The gel ain't happening - PERIOD. I've done all the glass work I'm going to do on that particular boat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast