TERROVA MINN KOTA FOOTPEDAL NOT FITTING IN MY PRO TEAM 175 TXW? SOLUTION?

So we recently removed the EDGE and installed the TERROVA but the foot pedal doesn't fit in the recessed area provided by tracker. Are we installing a bigger one that a manufacture makes? Whats the fix on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    INSTAGRAM: PIMPINBASS
    YOUTUBE: PIMPIN'BASS

2. Member
    got a video showing the pedal is just too big!!!

3. Banned
    Don't believe the Ulterra pedal fits either. Ultrex pedal fits. Might have to cut in a wider tray.

4. Member
    How difficult would it be to press the buttons across the bottom edge of the pedal if it did fit down into the tray? Depending on how you answer this... if it were mine I might consider just mounting the pedal to something that fits down in the tray so that it would be flush with the deck.

Typically I see people wanting to put the pedals for cable steer trolling motors into trays, because they are so tall, but thin pedals such as yours (power steer models) with buttons like that just lay on the deck.

EDIT... I just got to thinking about my Xi5 having a wireless pedal, mounting it to a block that fits in the tray would hinder its portability. I might carpet a block to set in the tray, or perhaps remove the tray (if my boat had a tray).
    Last edited by R2Tracker; 07-23-2019 at 11:58 PM.
    2011 Tracker PT 175 TF
    2011 Merc 60 ELPT 4S

5. Member
    The footpedals for my old Terrova and my new Ulterra are both very flat with controls on the edges making it very inconvenient to mount is recessed trays so I didn't. I just covered my Tracker 190tx recessed tray with a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and allow my Ulterra footpedal to sit on this flat plate. It is so low profile that its not in the way and if for some reason I need to move it I just move it with no gaping hole in the bow to work around.
    These pedals were designed to sit flat.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Mercury Spitfire X7 19” prop
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    4.2 second Hole Shot (measured using Vessel View Mobile)
    Engine mounted in 3rd hole
    Minn Kota Ulterra-Link w/built in MDI 80 lb thrust 60” shaft
    Humminbird Helix 12si Gen1 chirp on console
    Humminbird Helix 15si Gen4 cho on bow
    Humminbird Mega360

Dotline two step transom boarding ladder
    Tracker trailer bow boarding step

Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post
    The footpedals for my old Terrova and my new Ulterra are both very flat with controls on the edges making it very inconvenient to mount is recessed trays so I didn't. I just covered my Tracker 190tx recessed tray with a sheet of 1/8" aluminum and allow my Ulterra footpedal to sit on this flat plate. It is so low profile that its not in the way and if for some reason I need to move it I just move it with no gaping hole in the bow to work around.
    I have an Ulterra and a Nitro Z7 and the pedal is also too big to fit into that tray. So, I just made a spacer out of some marine plywood that locates the foot pedal even with the deck and directly over the tray. I can work both the foot pedal steering and the push buttons at the back of the pedal perfectly. I did secure the foot pedal to the spacer bracket with two wood screws on the sides of the pedal and painted the bracket to match my carpet. I also drilled several holes in front of the wood bracket to store pliers, hook remover and scissors. Looks and works fine.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bshort View Post
    Don't believe the Ulterra pedal fits either. Ultrex pedal fits. Might have to cut in a wider tray.

8. Member

9. Member
    your right, i'm just going to cover up the tray
    Quote Originally Posted by joe3buck3 View Post

10. Member
    great idea, do you have a pic of it now?

11. Member
    20180207_192856.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

12. Member
    Mine looks exactly like the pictures DTI0384 posted. I covered mine in a Gray anti-skid tape identical to his black. I had originally put large velco tabs under the foot pedal but have found that the weight of the pedal coupled with the anti-skid keeps it in place just fine.
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    51 mph @ 6240 rpms (RPMs from Vessel View Mobile) : full fuel tank and fishing load by myself
    Humminbird Mega360

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rkammer View Post
    I have an Ulterra and a Nitro Z7 and the pedal is also too big to fit into that tray. So, I just made a spacer out of some marine plywood that locates the foot pedal even with the deck and directly over the tray. I can work both the foot pedal steering and the push buttons at the back of the pedal perfectly. I did secure the foot pedal to the spacer bracket with two wood screws on the sides of the pedal and painted the bracket to match my carpet. I also drilled several holes in front of the wood bracket to store pliers, hook remover and scissors. Looks and works fine.
    Rkammer,
    Please post some pictures of your spacer. I like the concept but need to see some pics. Thanks
    Joe B

2017 Tracker PT 190 TX
    2017 Mercury 115 Pro XS
    Humminbird Mega360