Garmin online chat support

I have used it several times and whom ever i get is always helpful and plesant to deal with.
    I used it again today to get an answer to a question i asked here back in april but never got a reply.

The question was when using AScope on a split screen and two different freq. why the cone coverage was the same for both freq. as shown in this screen shot.

Seems that although the set freq. of 150 for one split and 240 for the other are not chirped the AScope sees them as chirp and gives the cone coverage of the HW Chirp at the shown depth.

Most likely does not matter to most but I kept thinking about it and decided to as Garmin.

Anyway the online chat comes in real handy and most of the time there is someone ready to chat.Been a couple times when I had to wait and try later but beats the heck out of setting on hold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I've tried to use the online chat last few times but they must have been busy as it was not active.

As for the other question, I tried the same thing on my +93 by switching frequencies but the cone size never changed....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

3. Member
    Yeap some times they are busy I guess. Not sure how many they have working.

Im still trying to wrap my head around the Ascope works only on chirp even though when you chose a freq. such as 105 that is not chirp. Oh well.

This seems like a possible software bug. Engineers are looking into it.
    Garmin Pro Team

5. Member
    Why do you think that the two are the same cone angle? If they were wouldn't the two images be identical? I can see differences in the two. But I am far far from any expert.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfish View Post
    Why do you think that the two are the same cone angle? If they were wouldn't the two images be identical? I can see differences in the two. But I am far far from any expert.
    Really did not say that they were the same. Said that the AScope was giving
    the same reading

There is more to it than I brought up hear that I mentioned in my first post on this.
    I did not chat with them about it because there was enough confusion as it was.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    This seems like a possible software bug. Engineers are looking into it.
    Thanks Todd
    Not sure how big of a priority it will be. Not sure many use the option anyway.
    There was another strange thing that happening mentioned in my first post and I can mention it later.
    One thing when I was chatting with customer support the tech.ask me several times why the issue concerns me. I thought it strange and finally answered that I did not think the readings should be the same.
    Thanks again
    Last edited by Shooter 1; 07-24-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Thanks Todd
    Not sure how big of a priority it will be. Not sure many use the option anyway.
    There was another strange thing that happening mentioned in my first post and I can mention it later.
    One thing when I was chatting with customer support the tech.ask me several times why the issue concerns me. I thought it strange and finally answered that I did not think the readings should be the same.
    Thanks again
    Shooter, what specific unit are you running, and what software version?
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Shooter, what specific unit are you running, and what software version?
    GPSMap 1022xsv and 1042xsv
    Software 14.3