Who is considered the very best glass guy for Gamblers

I need to restore my 92 206 and want to find someone who has extensive experience with Gamblers. Who does this kind of work and has a great reputation

Not sure if u mean like a total repaint job or if you mean like resurface and/or wet sand to bring it back to new, but there is a guy here in NC that can hook u up and it’s top notch and a ton of folks who can vow for him...
    Check out
    “the boat guy”
    he is a local NC guy... I got his number if you want to PM me...
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

3. Member
    I'm talking about someone who can remove the deck. Remove the liner and get the wet foam out. Then put it all back together and re gel the entire boat in different colors.

I’ve got someone that I do alot of business with that can handle that. They’ve been in business for 46 years. PM me for details.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

5. Member
    You could be making a very expensive mistake! Both the inner liner and the hull are still in the molds when the foam is injected. That process creates an enormous amount of pressure. Without the molds to retain the shape things could get real ugly real fast. I replaced stringer, knees, and inner liner on my 209. Once everthing was fixed I cut 2 3” holes in the inner liner and poured in liquid pourable foam in calculated amounts for the volume. I had the surface of the inner liner, in the rigging compartment braced against the top cap. It still distorted the inner liner to the point that I had to spend another week correcting what got messed up. If you look in my rigging compartment today you would never know I ha cut it all out and replaced it. Materials alone for that repair cost me $3,500.00. I would venture to guess if you had to pay someone to do what I did you could easily add $7,000.00 to the cost.

I seriously doubt anyone can get the inner liner out w/o absolutely destroying it. It is a urethane closed cell foam. It bonds to the hull and inner liner. Unless there is some way to dissolve the foam it ain’t comming apart nicely!
    Last edited by yupitsme; 07-23-2019 at 09:43 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yupitsme View Post
    You could be making a very expensive mistake! Both the inner liner and the hull are still in the molds when the foam is injected. That process creates an enormous amount of pressure. Without the molds to retain the shape things could get real ugly real fast. I replaced stringer, knees, and inner liner on my 209. Once everthing was fixed I cut 2 3” holes in the inner liner and poured in liquid pourable foam in calculated amounts for the volume. I had the surface of the inner liner, in the rigging compartment braced against the top cap. It still distorted the inner liner to the point that I had to spend another week correcting what got messed up. If you look in my rigging compartment today you would never know I ha cut it all out and replaced it. Materials alone for that repair cost me $3,500.00. I would venture to guess if you had to pay someone to do what I did you could easily add $7,000.00 to the cost.

I seriously doubt anyone can get the inner liner out w/o absolutely destroying it. It is a urethane closed cell foam. It bonds to the hull and inner liner. Unless there is some way to dissolve the foam it ain’t comming apart nicely!
    So is there another way to get the wet foam out? Otherwise I don't have much choice if I want it done right

7. Member
    If you don’t have delaminated knees or stringers(is the transom moving or is the top cap in that area badly cracked) there’s not much you need to do. Continue to use it as is or sell it. As Ackerbloom told me back in the mid-90’s “you can not get enough water in between the hull and inner liner that it would affect performance.” That was true then and it’s true now. The foam takes up most all the space - period. Very little room for water. Yes it could all be wet, doubtful, but by volume it’s still going to be very little water - all things considered.

8. Member
    Part way through my repair. I stripped everything from the seat back to the transom.

9. Member
    Transom is solid as a rock. I removed the fiberglass patch that was put over the hole where the foam was injected. Water is all the way to the top of the hole. Its super wet. The patch wasnt done right and I am sure thats how the water got in. I haven't checked the other side. How think is the foam between the liner and hull?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fil Fisher View Post
    Transom is solid as a rock. I removed the fiberglass patch that was put over the hole where the foam was injected. Water is all the way to the top of the hole. Its super wet. The patch wasnt done right and I am sure thats how the water got in. I haven't checked the other side. How think is the foam between the liner and hull?
    Also.... just'a FYI.... that patch you removed is more than likely the "vent" hole that allowed trapped air to escape and foam a way out as it was expanding.