Any Well/Water Pros out there. Got a surfer well water issue. Need advice

3 years ago we built a house and had a deep well drilled for our water. The contractor installed a holding tank that uses an air pump to circulate air into the tank which releases the hydrogen sulfide. The air Pump is located in my garage and the tank is outside. This method worked well. Now here is my issue.

The Air pump has burned up 4 times in 3 years. These things are not cheap. I am done with this air pump issue and want to move on to another solution. I have gone on line and there are many cures for this but I want to get everyones advice for this.

Whats the best solution and what's the most cost effective solution out there. Is there an air pump that won't burn up once a year?

Thanks for everyones help in advance.
    If you want a pig, flip a jig!!!

2. Banned
    I wouldn't expect many replies on this. But I would take a serious look at the bladder tank and call a professional Again ! Hopefully the well didn't run dry.

chlorinate

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by enforcer410 View Post
    chlorinate
    Will Chlorine remove sulfur taste?

post warning signs of sharks, that should reduce the number of all but hard core surfers

no idea on the well though
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

6. Member
    Chlorine with not remove sulfur. You can pump the water into a storage tank with a vent and vent off the gas.

Or you can install a normal submersible pump with bladder style pressure tank, and install a reverse osmosis system. Either fix will solve your problem for good.
    good luck.

7. Member
    What is the level of sulfur? There are whole house units, backwashing filters, when combined with hydroge peroxide, that remove upwards of 10 ppm. Sulfur oxidizes out, its just a matter of how you want to oxidize it. Aeration, similar to what you were doing with a tank. Aeration in a stand alone unit similar to most iron filters. Chemical oxidation with chlorine or hydrogen peroxide. Dumping chlorine in your well will not do anything. Oh, and after you oxidize it, sulfur turns into a black sediment, that will need to be filtered out.

8. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    We have a green sand system to remove it. Most of the time it does a good job. Occasionally it lets some of the odor through.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Our Sulfur issue was resolved when a neighbor dug his well 1/4 of a mile away. Somehow his well vented off my sulfur gas. He however, still had it
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

10. Member
    I am no pro but my mom had one do e a few years ago. It was installed with a bladder tank and reeked of sulfur. I was told that rubber makes the sulfur worse and suggested a galvanized tank. I installed one with a micronizer and has worked great. It took a year or so to adjust the micronizer to let the perfect amount of air into the system but now all is well and no sulfur smell.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758