Help with Shearon Harris

All, my fishing partner and I are trying to branch out from fishing rivers and try some lakes. I have seen that Harris can provide some quality fish. It’s about 2 hours drive. Can anyone offer and pointers on how to fish it? Deep water fishing, bank beating, etc? I like to have a be real idea at least before I go that far! Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Banned
    I wouldn't waste 2 hrs of my time traveling to SH just my .02. but in response to your question.....it's a really tough lake......don't expect many bites if any. Used to have grass, now it doesn't. You'll hear from the tournament guys "they're still in there" and yes it still has a few big ones left but it's isn't a drop in a bucket compared to what it used to he when it had grass. Fish deep, look for structure on your graphs on points and in channels. Or go up the creek arms as far as you can and fish whatever structure that you seen in the water while it is in the heat of the summer.

Best in March, April, or maybe in October , November once water cools, try then!

With the heat, even those that normally do well are having a tougher time. Like mentioned above, I'd wait for cooler temps.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

5. Member
    Just my opinion... If you want to make the drive you would be better off going to Jordan. It's just down the street from Harris. It's easier to figure something out regardless of your style of fishing.

6. Banned
    I agree. Do not know much about Jordan but catch fish every time i go there. Lot more options also.

7. Member
    Pm sent