New Minn Kota Frotrex

I recently installed a new Minn Kota Fotrex on my boat It has the universal sonar transducer on the motor. I am looking or a depth finder to use on this but have question. When pulling trolling motor up can I leave the depth finder on. Will this cause any damage to the depth finder?

2. Dogfish_Jones
    When I am on the lake fishing, I never turn mine off when going from one place to another. I have never had a problem with mine.

3. Member
    It won’t hurt the depth finder but most of the older ones would go to max depth scale if out of the water and then take forever to find the bottom after lowering the tm. New units dont have that problem.

4. Member
    It doesn't hurt the depthfinder, but if you get one of the HDS series Lowrances, you can pause the depth finder when not using it. Call me and I can help with the depthfinder.
    John
    870 773 3474
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

5. Member
    If you get helix unit or any other you can change the max depth to a lot less than the 1000 pre-set, and it won’t take no time at all to find depth again. Right Wayne?

6. Member
    I have a Lowrance Elite 4 HDI.

Quote Originally Posted by k3fishing View Post
    If you get helix unit or any other you can change the max depth to a lot less than the 1000 pre-set, and it won’t take no time at all to find depth again. Right Wayne?
    Yep, and a quick push of the power button gives you a short-cut menu to put the unit in Standby. SOLIX units have that also.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL