Lithium Battery Life Expectancy

Been looking at lithiums lately but can't seem to find a consensus on life expectancy of lithium batteries with respect to years of use? Does anyone have any insight into this? I've been looking through the existing lithium threads but haven't found anything.. I'm looking at Lithiums as a long term investment over AGM batteries in my new boat. I know that right now i'm getting 3-4 years out of my AGM batteries so just curious how long everyone thinks/ knows at lithium battery will last. I'm pretty much sold on them for performance & weight reduction, just having a hard time swallowing the price tag.

All the brand specs I have seen show a cycle life of 3000-5000. How many days do you fish per year?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Somewhere between 20-50 I'd say? So that'd be 60 years if I charge them 50 times with a 3000 cycle life?

4. Moderator
    Age would seem to deteriorate a Lithium battery before duty cycles for most fishermen. How well do lifepo4's hold AH ratings over the course of 10+ years? I have no idea.

5. Member
    Used my last set of Relions in my boat before I sold it for 5 years and there still going strong with the new owner. Like the day they were bought.
    Egret Moccasin 210 Mercury 225

Maybe expect time to be 2-4 times the warranty period just like any other product.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

7. Member
    As Wayne stated, The folks that calculate warranty periods are a good gauge for that. LiFePo4 technology was invented almost 25 years ago so there should be few surprises. Like most things, the consumer has an affect on survival. Proper charging and how low the SOD is on an average cycles. Environment is the other major factor. My take on the LiFePo4 will work out to be the most efficient use of your battery dollars with the bonus of better performance provided you don’t sell them before they are worn out. JMHO

8. Member
    I appreciate the input guys! Looks like I'll be getting 3x Battleborn 12V 1000Ah batteries for my new boat!