Thread: A Star is Born

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Prayers sent from an Iowa Allison owner. What causes a young guy to have a collapsed lung without some kind of trauma? Get well soon brother! We need all the young fishermen we can get to keep this sport going.

2. Member
    Prayers for you bud. God has this.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokerdean View Post
    Jonney and Joe, I don't know either of you but sounds like Seth is quite a young man. Prayers sent from NM for a quick recovery. O ya, I almost forgot that I don't own a Allison.
    Thank you Dean. Means a lot. Seth is a fine young man with a great future.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hooken203 View Post
    Prayers sent from an Iowa Allison owner. What causes a young guy to have a collapsed lung without some kind of trauma? Get well soon brother! We need all the young fishermen we can get to keep this sport going.
    The doctors said that tall slender (skinny) people are prone to lung collapse more than fleshier folks. It happened to our pastors daughter many years ago just like Seth. Thanks from the Lee family.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Thanks for posting this Johnny, I just logged on and read it. It's been a whirlwind and I haven't had much time to check the boards.

We feel the prayers and I've read them all to Seth. He is a very blessed young man to have people that care about him all over.

He thinks the world of you Johnny and all of "his Allison buddies". He had an absolute blast at the cabin/rally running Allisons and chasing bass. The big smallie was a lifetime moment for Seth, he'll never forget it! I must admit that I was asleep in the boat when he hooked her and I woke up when I heard him say, "Oh, that's a good one" LOL.

Seth can drive my boat WOT and he absolutely loves it. He's been riding in and driving Allisons since he could climb in one.

I'm sitting in the hospital with him right now and he tells everyone that comes in about the Maxwell rally, his Allison buddies and the fish he caught.

The doctors and nurses are amazed that he had a collapsed lung for 4 days and only complained about a dull pain!

Thanks again for all the prayers!
    Seth does indeed have a lot of friends. He has great parents who are raising him right. We will continue to pray for Seth and know that our God is a mighty God who listens to our prayers and knows our desires.

6. Member
    Thanks everyone. The doctors have turned off the suction to the chest tube draining the lung. If the lung holds up today, the tube can be removed later. That is a step in the right direction. It's been longer than we hoped but we are thankful to be making slow progress.

So far, the diagnosis remains that tall skinny young people are prone to spontaneous collapse "pneumothorax". They continue to test to rule out anything else.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

7. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    That's good to hear Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by JOEALLY View Post
    Thanks everyone. The doctors have turned off the suction to the chest tube draining the lung. If the lung holds up today, the tube can be removed later. That is a step in the right direction. It's been longer than we hoped but we are thankful to be making slow progress.

So far, the diagnosis remains that tall skinny young people are prone to spontaneous collapse "pneumothorax". They continue to test to rule out anything else.
    Jay McDaniel
    2003 Allison XB21 BasSport Elite 2+2
    2019 Mercury Racing 300R

9. Member
    Sounds like God has honored our prayers!

Thank you for the update on Seth.

Now is the time for prayers of thanksgiving. I always remember to thank God when our petitions are answered as we prayed.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Holeshot View Post
    Sounds like God has honored our prayers!

Thank you for the update on Seth.

Now is the time for prayers of thanksgiving. I always remember to thank God when our petitions are answered as we prayed.
    Great reminder for us all. God always answers our prayers and even when we don't get our desire He has or will answer them according to His well. Even in times we don't get our desire He knows best don't He!

11. Member
    Amen and Amen!

13. Member
    Seth is home and resting. Thank you for all of the prayers.
    2024 Xpress X21 / Yamaha 250 SHO
    2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite / 2022 Mercury 300R (Sold)

14. Member
    Great news!

15. Member
    Awesome!
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

Good to hear
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12