Boat friendly housing near Waddington

Hey guys,

Me and my teenager are planning a trip for the third week of August to head up to the Saint Lawrence out of Waddington for our first time up there.

I wanted to ask any of the local experts if you have any recommendations on a good boat friendly place to stay, ideally we could stay hooked up with the boat and trailer and have some type of cabin rental rather than pure Motel so that we could cook a little bit.

Any suggestions would be super appreciated!

thanks, RL

ps. For those of you that have fish the river both out of Waddington as well as Clayton, how would you say Waddington compares in terms of smallie fishing? Thx again

Hey guys, I just saw about the bass master elite tournament is the same week out of Waddington so that would be a complete disaster! I think we’re going to Pivot and go out of Clayton instead. If anyone has any boat friendly housing recommendations Ideally in a cabin type setting, it would be super appreciated. Thanks again

3. Member
    K’s motel is pretty decent but they only have one cottage the motel can hold boats though.. I’ve stayed at the Fair Wind in their cottages and while outdated they got the job done and was a nice setting. West Wind is a bit more expensive but has updated features.
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Lund View Post
    Hey guys, I just saw about the bass master elite tournament is the same week out of Waddington so that would be a complete disaster! I think we’re going to Pivot and go out of Clayton instead. If anyone has any boat friendly housing recommendations Ideally in a cabin type setting, it would be super appreciated. Thanks again
    Mil's Cottages in Clayton. He has river-side cottages and regular motel rooms. You can dock your boat at his docks which have power outlets for charging, just bring your own extension cord. A husband and wife run the place and they couldn't be nicer people. The boat launch is about 1/2 mile down the road.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Clayton area that time of year will be the better option for quality , not that Waddington doesnt have fish but you will see 95 percent of the pros will be running 20 plus miles south of Waddington. If you go out of Clayton you will be seeing lots of pros throughout the day.

6. Member
    Wellesley Island is a state campground that has decent waterfront cabins. They have a launch and marina there too. Great place to stay on that part of the river.

7. Member
    I’m going up and staying at the Bridgewater August 7-11 before the elites start practice. Never stayed there but the owners seem great over the phone.

Thanks for all of the feedback guys, very much appreciated!

9. Member
    Yah ... bassmasters is 14-18..

Mercury Pro Team

2017 Triton 20 TRX Patriot
    250 Opti Max Pro XS
    Twin 8' Power Pole Blades
    2 Solix 12 gen 3 , with mega 360

10. Member
    The Clayton option will be better. Though many of the Elite anglers will want to travel upriver, the navigable spillway at the Iroquois Dam will not be open this year due to high waters on Lake Ontario. This will force them to use the painfully slow locks (if they are allowed) potentially reducing the number of Pros in the Clayton area.

angel rock in cape st Vincent is where we stay - very nice place

12. Member
    Stay in Cape Vincent it's beautiful and quiet

13. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom B View Post
    angel rock in cape st Vincent is where we stay - very nice place
    have stayed there agree totally..

14. Member
    I am with kandk and tom b. i've stayed at angel rock and had a great experience.

15. Member
    Angel Rock is excellent