Compartment Gasket?

Who has the best quality and price on compartment gaskets? Need around 60 feet. Is there a board sponsor that y’all recommend? Thanks

2. Member
    I wanted to replace my original gaskets for all my compartments. I went back to Ranger and other than how much I wanted the only other question was what size. There are actually a couple of sizes. Once you've got the size (14 or 1/2 inch I think were the choices) and the length its not hard to find it. There are probably some marine supply folks that handle it cheaper than what I paid. But at the time I was hung up on OEM equipment. Whatever length you measure add a few feet. Takes the worry out of exactness. By the way it meant a complete difference in the dryness of the compartments.

3. Member
    Thanks Ranger. I’m tired of dealing with wet storage compartments. I was told Bass Cat has the best gasket. I don’t know what makes their gasket better than the OEM from Triton.

4. Member
    I purchased replacement material from McMaster Carr for my 2001 Ranger. Roughly 2.00 a foot. I'm not sure what type Triton uses but they have almost every size and type.
    2001 Ranger 205VS/225 Optimax

5. Member
    Just bought some from Ranger for my 361V, high quality stuff and it was $2/foot

6. New England Forum Moderator twitch's Avatar
    I bought mine from Cabelas's before the merge for my Ranger and it fit good and was right size and like stated buy a little extra always easier when trying to make a few turns to know you have a little play room easy to do and works good
    1990 374V Ranger Still kickin' bass after all these years

7. Member
    Redid my boat with Trim Lok last year. Got a roll of the size I needed off of Amazon. Not sure why but managed to get a 250' spool of the stuff for like $75, was actually cheaper than the smaller spool. I figure I can do my entire boat a couple more times.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax

8. Member
    I’m curious as how you apply these. Do they have an adhesive backing? Or are you using some sort of caulk?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinV View Post
    I’m curious as how you apply these. Do they have an adhesive backing? Or are you using some sort of caulk?
    Trim lock is a hard plastic like channel with metal inside that has a rubber bulb fused to it. The channel is slipped over the edge of the fiberglass with the bulb towards the bottom of the hatch.
    Charles Prue - Linthicum Heights, MD
    2003 Champion 206 Elite - 250 VMax