Ark Tharp series rod

Anyone have experience with the Ark Tharp Series Casting Rod 7'6" Heavy King Cobra rod? Im wondering how light or heavy they are, and if its a true fast action or more like extra fast, decent tip? Basically any info is useful as I cant get my hands on one. I have a Dobyns Champion extreme 745 and it doesn’t have much of a tip and just sits on the rod rack now, so looking for something different.

2. Member
    Yes I have the king cobra awesome rod for the money , light for a 7’6 I can flip with it all day without a problem. I usually throw 1/2 oz or 3/4 with the rod handles it extremely well, has a nice tip not to stiff but definitely pulls them out of the grass well . I would say it’s a fast tip .
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

That's a excellent flipping stick for the money ,with a true fast action..Imo all of the Tharp rods are spot on for their intended purpose.

4. Member
    Thanks for the info. I was also thinking of throwing jigs in 1/2-3/4 size. The price is what has me wondering of the rod weight, is it tip heavy?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayj View Post
    Thanks for the info. I was also thinking of throwing jigs in 1/2-3/4 size. The price is what has me wondering of the rod weight, is it tip heavy?
    Yes I throw jigs on it as well work great , rod balances very well actually better then my nrx 894 , I have a Shimano metanim on it
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc