Getting water in boat

Anybody have any issues with water coming in somewhere, cant figure it out. Thought maybe had a leak with live well pump system, but bilge comes on every once in a while and pumps water out 3 or 4 times a day while fishing 8 hour day.

2. Member
    Which model Legend do you have?
    07 Legend LE-21__Sold.
    16 Phoenix 921 Pro xp

3. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jester View Post
    ...Thought maybe had a leak with live well pump system...
    If this is the case, you'd have to add water to the livewells during the day. With your boat on the trailer and dry, jack the nose up a bit so water will run out the bilge drain. Fill your livewells with water and run the pumps in recirc mode and see if you get any water out the bilge drain. If nothing, plug the bilge drain and run water into the bilge. If it's getting in, it ought to be coming out.

2013 alpha 211

Check the o-ring on the plug. That’s where mine was leaking.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

6. Member
    Some time its the unit where the drain plug goes into I had to take it out and reseal it.

7. Antique Tackle Guy
    Have a 2013 199, with a heavy person in the back found the Bilge running several times out. Took the Black transom cover off. The black silicone from the factory between the cap and the hull had separated. Re sealed problem resolved.

Mark P

8. Member
    I have the same boat - fought that from day one - resealed the tops of the livewells, resealed where the graph and power pole line come out of the splash well,resealed even the transom bolts and still got water to the point that the auto bilge would come on at least once during the day. Had occasion to have the fuel tank pulled out and while it was out took it to the lake and backed in to see if I could see where it was coming in - it was that chrome drain plug. Replaced it and actually bought a plumbers type tool and home depot so I could get the plug screwed in tighter than I could by hand - it helped so no more auto bilge but still get some in during a days fishing.