Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Getting transferred to Chicago 😡

Will find out Wednesday exactly where 2011 W Hastings or 1802 N Central Park ave not sure this redneck from the southern part of the state fits very well in Chicago but at least it’s not around 89th and state I’ve worked that area before not a pretty sight only need 6 years to retire not sure I can make it that long in the city but we will see going to keep my house stay with my sister in Chicago until the dust settles then probably get an apartment with some other guys that were transferred will definitely be coming home every weekend to fish cause this country boy will be bored to death in Chicago

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Chicago isn’t a bad place. You need to learn to enjoy it. We hit it a couple of times a year for 5 days or so. Museums are great. Baseball is great. Football is great. Food is great.

My wife usually has to drag me away from Sue. So freaking awesome!
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    Gets warm in the summer with the Kevlar though. Type " heyjackass" in yôur search engine.

4. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Chicago is a great place to visit but I'd never ever think about living there. There are several million people who seem to do it just fine. My oldest daughter (44 years old ) lives and works downtown Chicago since getting her degree and absolutely loves it. It's a fit for some, just not this one. Good luck with the change.

I could never live there. Fun city to go to every once in a while but I like being a good hour + away from it.

Being from So. IL you know what Chitcago has done, and continues to do to this state!
    2007 Basscat PII Anniversary Edition/200 Opti

7. Member
    I’d like to see our wonderful governor and Madigan while I’m there I have a few choice words for both of them lol

8. Member
    Chicago is on one of the largest bodies of freshwater in the world, and its a world class fishery, you'll be alright

9. Member
    Live out in the suburbs and take the train in. There is actually some pretty good fishing in the harbors. You will put on Wright with all the food you can get. Taxes are the worst part of Chicago even worse than the other parts of Illinois and those are pretty bad.

10. Member
    I lived in Southern Illinois for 5 years and love the fishing. Egypt, Rend, Crab, Newton, just to name a few. But I was born up here and I can tell you there is really good fishing in the Chicago area. If you have a bass boat you will have multiple places to fish all around Chicagoland I mean many. Rivers, lakes, Quarry's , Warm water discharges, and of course "The big pond" Lake Michigan. great smallmouth fishing. You can also hunt. If you like goose hunting , you can hunt the rivers by the cal sag as well as the breakwalls. The duck and goose hunting is exceptional. I agree with Lightning muskie Live in the burbs and take the train if you work in the city. You will go broke living downtown.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Got 5 View Post
    Will find out Wednesday exactly where 2011 W Hastings or 1802 N Central Park ave not sure this redneck from the southern part of the state fits very well in Chicago but at least it’s not around 89th and state I’ve worked that area before not a pretty sight only need 6 years to retire not sure I can make it that long in the city but we will see going to keep my house stay with my sister in Chicago until the dust settles then probably get an apartment with some other guys that were transferred will definitely be coming home every weekend to fish cause this country boy will be bored to death in Chicago
    I feel your pain brother, I live 40 miles north of that shithole and I don't envy you one little bit. It may be an OK place to visit occasionally, but I could never ever live there. Hell I can barely live where I am.

12. Member
    Chicago is just too full with people...and the driver’s are the worst you will see. Worked there a short while. NEVER AGAIN!!

13. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    No Politics.... What benefit are you guys giving to this Guy posting your Politics ?? If you are in the trades > Your hourly rate will surely Double. Find out the names of Neighborhoods between your sisters house and work and search Yelp.

14. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sayner View Post
    I feel your pain brother, I live 40 miles north of that shithole and I don't envy you one little bit. It may be an OK place to visit occasionally, but I could never ever live there. Hell I can barely live where I am.
    Its a Big Big World out there, You are in a bad area especially 89th state. It is not worth it sometimes to work where your life in in Danger. Remember to stay back at red lights and always give yourself 4 car lengths to get out of there if someone tries to hold you up. I was fishing 25 years ago and stop at 22nd Michigan on the way to Fishing McCormick place for Salmon at 8pm. A guy was jogging around our car (5th one from the light) and whipped a pint whiskey bottle at my friends head from 4 feet away because he had his window open 6 inches. The bottle dented the door and before we looked up he was in the projects.. Be careful.
    Last edited by Basscaster; 08-04-2019 at 02:05 PM.

15. Member
    I can’t hide that I’m complaining but I spent 9 months up there in 2008 and most of that was spent around 89th and state the police are afraid to patrol them areas now I did work in Schaumburg and Dundee area that was not bad this time I’m going to 2011 w Hastings which pretty much covers downtown it’s just going to be a huge change the biggest city I’ve lived in has a population of 800 so I will be in total shock for a while

16. Banned
    Best food on the planet!!!

If you are looking for a unique place to eat, try the Chicago Oven and Pizza Grinder. Their pizza pot pies and mediterran bread is excellent. I believe it's located at 2210 N. Clark St. btw... For either address you listed, you won't be working in the best of neighborhoods. LOL.

18. Banned
    There are 10,000's Great dentist in Chicago area. I know the dentist in Southern IL. have a hard time making $$ unless they work at one of the prisons. . .

19. Illinois Club | PC/Mac Tips & Tweaks Moderator sgt93's Avatar
    I’ve never met a dentist anywhere that is struggling to make a living.
    2017 Bass Cat Phelix Honda 25 SOLD
    2007 BCB Cougar FTD Merc Opti 225 SOLD

Instagram: @SSgt93.
    I don't subscribe to threads. PM if you need me.

20. Member
    you must have never been to New Orleans,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast