Lvs32 on 8610 or 1222

Both work out the same price higher resolution on the 10 but bigger screen on the 12 I don't know what to do anymore with experience with both units any input would be great thanks

2. Member
    I've not used the 8610 and the resolution on it is Garmin's best. Still if I was choosing between a 10 in and 12 in screen, I'd go with the 12.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

3. Member
    I'd save up and if you are just going Livescope, I'd do a 8412, but if either way, I'd want a 12" screen if I had the choice.

4. Member
    I did just that and went with the 12 inch screens. Put on the 1242xsv because I like the touch aspect of it. The resolution with Livescope is pretty dang good. The 8610 or 12 will set ya back a nickel or two. Stick with the 12 inch you wont be disappointed

5. Member
    I have both these screens the 8410 is noticeably clearer shows better. I never have glare issues on 8410 and pixels density is insane . if you have a choice take the 8000. in 10 or 12 both offer same resolution.
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

6. Member
    8410 also has twice the processor. and can run uhd . so if you decide on garmin force trolling motor or uhd for transom you wont need black box .

only downside is power consumption. draws more amps. kbm Outdoors has stock on either .
    PM me can prob work out a deal on shipping
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

7. Member
    Just go with a house battery and problem solved! I am loving my 8612's. I was fishing yesterday in the blazing morning sun and other than when the sun reflected directly off the screen into my face, I could see the screen no problem.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Just go with a house battery and problem solved! I am loving my 8612's. I was fishing yesterday in the blazing morning sun and other than when the sun reflected directly off the screen into my face, I could see the screen no problem.
    Can you see the screen clearly with polarized sunglasses?
    Phoenix 21PHX, Yamaha 250 SHO. Lowrance Carbons

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcshooter View Post
    The Ultra 1222 has the same type of screen as the 8000 series so it works great with polarized sunglasses. The resolution on the Ultra is lower than the 8000 series but looks really sharp to my eyes. I would save my pennies and go with a 12 inch screen no matter which unit you end up choosing.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcshooter View Post
    Absolutely! No distortion at all with my polarized glasses.