Recessed lights on slope ceiling

I have a new family room/kitchen addition with a 7/12 pitch ceiling, wanting to use the new ultra thin 4" LED lights around cabinets, what would I need for them to shine down on counters in kitchen, not much spacing above the ceiling for a can.

2. Banned
    The house I’m working in right now just has electrical boxes and a led lens snaps into it. I’ll post a pic in a minute. You can’t tell but the ceiling is sloped.

He wants an angled trim ring type deal.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    He wants an angled trim ring type deal.

Yeah an eyeball, but I don’t think it’s necessary with this style. These appear to be more of a flood light fish eye style, but if it doesn’t help him, then oh well didn’t cost him a dime. Eyeballs are stupidly expensive or at least the ones I bought for my last house were, maybe they’ve come down in price.

edit: this house looks to be 4 or 5 on 12, 7 would prob be too much pitch for these to look right.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 07-22-2019 at 02:29 PM.

5. Member
    Sounds like you're looking for a gimballed installation. I installed those "slim canless" style LED's in a hallway where the A/C & furnace was sitting directly on top of the joists above - those little things are a godsend in that situation.

I have not used these Gimballed style - but they are the same brand. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Commerci...1279/306079882

6. Member
    Would using the regular straight 1/2" deep slimline LEDs look ok or would they light the counter tops up any at all.