Battery charger life

My original charger was a Triton branded dual pro and it lasted about 6 years. I had replaced it with the MK 315D and that has now been in the boat for 7 years.

Is there any rule of thumb regarding charger life? Is it time to start working a new charger into my plans? I know that the 5 amps per bank on my 315D is light but it works for me.
    2006 Triton TR196 w/ 200 Optimax \ 2021 AlumaRyder 1860 w/ 200 Rotax

2. Member
    I think they are like most electric things. Use them till they die. If you get AGM’s or some new tech or another battery for electronics replace it. There is no typical life cycle for chargers.Bob

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Like Bob said you just never know with chargers, I ran a DualPro 18years and sold the boat with it still working great got another one that went out in a few years but they took care of it under warranty. one thing about the dual pro they are 100% repairable

when you start looking I have some great prices on Dual-Pro and NOCO, I will be happy to give you a quote.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    I had one last 15 years. Next one didn’t make it two years. No way to guess.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Member
    My MK 315D is 7 yrs old as well and still going strong. Last year i pulled it from the battery compartment and made room for an even bigger battery because my compartments are tight. I mounted charger on a wooden board and manually hook up batteries when needed. Not a big deal, boat is garaged and the charger is now NOT bouncing down the lake, ( l know they are built for that), should last a little longer ! BTW the original batteries lasted over 6 years , these chargers are great !