Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MLF Event as a Fan?

For those of you who enjoy MLF; the format, the show, the anglers, etc. and have gone to an event in person this year: My boy and I are thinking about going to to La Crosse in a few weeks.

Not much info on the MLF website nor available from the La Crosse Travel and Visitor's Bureau yet. Is there enough for fans to do and see to justify a four hour drive, hotel and travel expenses? If we got there mid morning on Saturday and hung out for a half day Saturday and all day on Sunday, would that be enough time, too much, too little?

Anything else we should know or any recommendations?

I don’t think there is really anything to do. Watch them come in and be interviewed or stand there and watch the announcers talk. They do have a meet and greet the night before it starts. I guess that might be fun.

They do engage at venue on the Post event each day , maybe boat demos?? Other than that not much

4. Member
    I thought the Red Cress was going to be bigger than the classic? Do they not have an outdoor show planned for it?

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Basser100 View Post
    I thought the Red Cress was going to be bigger than the classic? Do they not have an outdoor show planned for it?
    Its a transition year so this year for sure not but Boyd says they are working in 2020 to make Red Crest the competitor to the Classic, we shall see.

6. Member
    Was on water for first MLF at Table Rock not as a spectator. We were fishing ourselves. Saw very few spectator boats. Ike was an angler I saw and he had no one with him. You put 40 anglers on a lake that size and they are gonna get spread out and if you wanna watch someone, you're pretty much gonna have to stick to that guy. Also, at "lines in" they are sitting on their spot. Don't know how they send em out, but it's probably not similar to an FLW or BASS event. Much, much better to watch it on livestream. IMO
    Closest we got to anyone was when Mark Rose cut us off.
    2017 Phoenix 618Pro

7. Banned
    Yeah they don't do a take off and rush to your spots deal, they get to idle the area and look and then its lines in. From a safety perspective it much smarter, same deal with the lightning delays they do.

8. Member
    I went to the after show for the first Table Rock event but after getting off work and getting up there everyone was leaving. They had some Ranger Nd Nitros on display, big Bad Boy mower trailer with models on display, and just a handful of vendors.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Yeah they don't do a take off and rush to your spots deal, they get to idle the area and look and then its lines in. From a safety perspective it much smarter, same deal with the lightning delays they do.
    Maybe from a safety standpoint but part of the fun of fishing tourneys is the morning boat race
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

10. Member
    I went one night when they were in Neenah, was not super impressed. It is always cool to see all of the trucks, boats etc but other than that, it was not very exciting. The best part was Jacob Wheeler was the last guy to cross the stage so he came down into the crowd afterwards and talked for a bit and took pictures with people. I also followed them around on Big Green for a while and that was cool, just to see them fishing my home body of water and some of the same spots that I usually fish.

All that being said, it is not often that the pros make it to Wisconsin so to me it is worth it to go. I will most likely be going to La Crosse for at least 1 day of the Redcrest.
    2020 Triton TRX19- Mercury 225 ProXs 4s
    Solix 12 MSI Console, Solix 12MDI Bow
    Helix 9 Mega 360 Bow
    Garmin 106sv Livescope Bow
    Ultrex, Dual 8' Power Pole Blades
    2022 Silverado
    Member of Skoolin' Bass Anglers and Wolf River Bass Club

I went to the local BPS while they were here. A few were hanging around because the other group was on the water. Talked to Kelly Jordan a bit and had him show me where he caught 80lbs (note, not going their unless the lake is 10’ high again). I came to the weigh-in for the last day which was kinda neat but only because it’s just a short drive to my house.

To answer you’re question, no I don’t think it is worth that kind of effort to attend.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

12. Member
    It doesn't seem like a good live spectator sport to me. At best, you would annoy the competitor. I still like it on T V.

13. Member
    Keep watching the website ! More fan friendly news to be announced. Hope to see y’all in Lacrosse
    Last edited by stevebrownfnr; 07-22-2019 at 06:08 PM.

14. Member
    Come on Steve the Official, Let the cat out of the bag.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    Keep watching the website ! More fan friendly news to be announced. Hope to see y’all in Lacrosse

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alanhore View Post
    Come on Steve the Official, Let the cat out of the bag.
    I wish I could but limited info coming so far. I can assure you it will be worth a trip. Gonna be a great championship and interactive event

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebrownfnr View Post
    I wish I could but limited info coming so far. I can assure you it will be worth a trip. Gonna be a great championship and interactive event
    Thanks Steve, you talked me into it. The boy and I are going. By the way, interesting Youtube videos talking about your experiences as an official. I'm envious. I'm sure it is a great experience and you must learn a boatload (pun intended).

17. Member
    It’s going to be a game changer, it’s a giant, it’s a biggun. Did we miss anything?
    Praying for a Cure

18. mike l. ketcher
    There will be an expo the last three days of the redcrest event.

we went to the first one they had on Tablerock here in MO. was a good time met a lot of them. we got there on the weekend and they had group B out on the water so got to meet quite a few of the anglers and talk to them take pictures and so on.
    there weren't many booths but was still a good time.
    the weather got bad and a huge storm came through and they shut the event area down and we just spent the night in Branson and went back the next day and did it all over again and got to meet the other group.

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    Maybe from a safety standpoint but part of the fun of fishing tourneys is the morning boat race
    You mean there is actual fishing included in those boat races?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast