Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. T Dub
    Awesome

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gaston13 View Post
    The Bank has plenty of money.
    I do not think that many people who can afford toys like that finiance them.

I still my my 2003 Jag. Maybe one day I'll have one again. I'm glad to see BCB keeping it going.
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumour2u View Post
    Well at least the boat and motor are equally displeasing to the eye.
    Please post pics of your rig so I can see what a pleasing rig looks like.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Please post pics of your rig so I can see what a pleasing rig looks like.
    Maybe this? https://www.google.com/search?q=terr...Af9D6R3pl47JcM
    Praying for a Cure

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCountryx View Post
    Isn't the Ballistic bigger?
    Yep and a lot cheaper

Allison, Stroker and Bullet, among others have been busting over 90 and 100 for years with shorter rigs. Speed is nothing new in the bass boat industry and not going anywhere anytime soon. This isn't Ricks or BCB first rodeo. And yes, piloting a rig over 80 takes skill and not for the novice.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bass Junkie View Post
    Setup like this are going to increase bass boat accidents. Im semi active in the power boating community...lost 5 friends in the same number of years due to rollovers, engine failures, etc. When you have that kind of power on the ass end of a very short boat its going to have some fatal accidents in short order. A single 400 will push a 22' cat well over 100, duals on a 26 up in the 130-150 range. This is purely a showoff move, but shows the industry still has room to get more ridiculous... I hate to say it but I'll bet money there will be an accident post within the first year of production due purely to speed and a driver who shouldn't be behind the wheel. Im sure it'll be fun to get insurance for on top of it all. Theres probably very few people on this forum who have driven a boat in excess of 100...its not simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Allison, Stroker and Bullet, among others have been busting over 90 and 100 for years with shorter rigs. Speed is nothing new in the bass boat industry and not going anywhere anytime soon. This isn't Ricks or BCB first rodeo. And yes, piloting a rig over 80 takes skill and not for the novice.
    X2
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

10. Banned
    I'll take 2 in Black & Silver please

That Basscat styling though...

Setup like this are going to increase bass boat accidents. Im semi active in the power boating community...lost 5 friends in the same number of years due to rollovers, engine failures, etc. When you have that kind of power on the ass end of a very short boat its going to have some fatal accidents in short order. A single 400 will push a 22' cat well over 100, duals on a 26 up in the 130-150 range. This is purely a showoff move, but shows the industry still has room to get more ridiculous... I hate to say it but I'll bet money there will be an accident post within the first year of production due purely to speed and a driver who shouldn't be behind the wheel. Im sure it'll be fun to get insurance for on top of it all. Theres probably very few people on this forum who have driven a boat in excess of 100...its not simple.
    I agree, just because you can buy it does not mean you should own it. Draw tourneys scare me, thing of being a nom-boat and a young guy with a bullet and no experience driving it. We all know that limits get pushed on tournament day. Understand this not tournament class but. Most people that could afford this probably work real hard and do not get much time to drive it. I go down to our harbor, loaded with 1to + million dollar yachts, that never move.

Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    No kidding. I was wondering if the guy was just calling out BCB or ALL the boats out there running a 450R...
    2007 Basscat PII Anniversary Edition/200 Opti

Ridiculous, guess all the high powered cars have increased automobile accidents also. Better outlaw the Hell Cats, GT 350R’s, Corvettes, etc.

I read where they expect this combo to break a 100, not sure if it’s true but read it on one of the Bass Cat threads. I love my Eyra but if money were no one object the Jag with the 450R would be fun just because. Lynx with a 300 would be at the top of my choices though I think.
    Last edited by C130; 07-23-2019 at 08:54 AM.

15. Member
    Out in front means more fishing time. It also means smoother water to run in if you are at the top of the flight take off. If at the bottom not so much so.

Quote Originally Posted by Craigjc00 View Post
    Yes and faster. Probably for a lot less money too.
    Faster? BassCat hasn't even opened it all the way up but you know the Ballistic is faster? Never heard of a Ballistic who makes it?

Edit: I just looked up Ballistic boats, and they are nice looking boats.
    Last edited by PumaMatt; 07-23-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Great looking boat!
    2015 Ranger Z520c / 2015 Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. Banned
    20% down on 135k
    Payments at 12% for 30 years
    New Truck got too have that too.

19. Member
    Ballistic is a fine boat but it isn't as wide as the Jag.
    The Jag is for those that can afford to have the biggest and best. Doesn't always mean the fastest. You want fast, get a bullet or Allison. Buyers that get the Jag are not worried about Price or fuel.

IMG_3700.JPG
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    Ballistic is a fine boat but it isn't as wide as the Jag.
    The Jag is for those that can afford to have the biggest and best. Doesn't always mean the fastest. You want fast, get a bullet or Allison. Buyers that get the Jag are not worried about Price or fuel.

IMG_3700.JPG

All that money and your partner gets to sit in your lap...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast