BCB clear led trailer lights

2011 Puma FTD tandem trailer

While doing a check up on trailer lighting for upcoming derby, I noticed my passenger side light was out in subject line lights. This is not white backup lights.

The turn and brake lights brake work on passenger side.
    Driver side all works.
    i unplugged the wire harness and cleaned contacts and it did not help

Since led, does this require replacement of the entire passenger light rear assembly ?

thanks for your help

2. Member
    It is probably a bad ground. Check the ground between the fender and frame. I have problems all the time from that ground.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

3. Member
    Thanks Jinx. Cleaned up the terminals good and no luck.
    upon further investigation I noted the red lights on the cross frame in back aren’t working either. Neither are the two small led clusters on the back corners of the trailer.

on the underside it looks like the small black wire on both the small led clusters is pulled off too. (1) I assume this goes to black butt splice on each side?

I did swap the clear leds between sides and the “ bad “ one worked fine on the driver side so it’s a wiring problem.

I didnt have enough time to chase wires but the passenger side appears to have a green connected and the black/green was pulled out. (2) is this the lights for passenger side? (Like brown on driver side?)

(3) where does the small red lights power come from? Colors are red?

The bright white backup lights work great ( and it looks like red wires from driver light?)

Comments welcome. Need to fix prior to derby this weekend.

BCB uses cheap electrical connectors and the installers are crimping the connectors incorrectly! I have had three BCB's in the past 13 years and have had to replace way too many connectors. Especially on my current 2018 Eyra boat and trailer. I don't understand why on a trailer they don't use good silicon filled heat shrink butt connectors and ring terminals? In fact I currently have to rewire the lights in my rod locker now as wire pulled out of a butt connector and is hanging now! This is so frustrating. I have 30 years in 12Vdc installations both auto and marine so I know cheap connectors and improper crimping technique.

So far on my current Eyra I have had to rewire: I purchased the boat from a dealer in Tn. When I got home couldn't back up as the solenoid wasn't getting power and the BCB light under the trailer step weren't getting power. Had blue wire broken at Butt connector and a broken wire to the the light. Both left and right running lights have quit working and found more broken wires at butt connectors. All trailer lights quit working found broken ground wire in tongue. As for the boat I've had to rewire two courtesy lights and two compartment lights all for broken wires due to improper crimping and cheap connectors.

5. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I agree with PumaDave. I've had to do all types of wiring repairs on every BCB trailer I have had. And those repairs weren't after having the rig for several years, they had to be done when I've had the rig for a year or less. It really frustrates me.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

6. Member
    Had to do a bit of reworking the connections on my 2016 Puma trailer as well.
    Just saying...